Superfast cap size fire cart

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dannymac

Hi guys and galls 

Just a query I got a Beretta 682 gold e.  Today I was trying some hull superfast 27g fibre and a few slipped past the top ejector and felt loose with the bottom ejector. Not had this happen with other carts rio target  eley select or gambore blue diamond . Have had soom well experienced eyes have a look.  Does not appear to be ware on the ejectors . Is it just the cap size on the supperfast and they don't fit the gun.

Cheers Danny 

My Blaser top barrel ejector often fails to remove the empty case, this is with Rio. It must just be a marginal fit thing.. Ejector moves fine, but case is left in barrel.

I do use other carts sometimes and need to check if it's the same with them.

If you go through each cartridge individually, and bang each one on the bottom with a hammer, this will broaden the rim and stop the problem ....  :rolleyes:

Use a wide hammer though, or you might set the primer off, which would just be stupid ....  :blink:

JOKE! JOKE! JOKE! JOKE! JOKE! JOKE!  

DO NOT DO THIS!!  

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for replying Will , what I ment is on loading the cart goes past the ejector on to the  barrel. So when you close the barrels the cart is behind the ejector causing a no fire . Just concerned that it safe . 

Cheers Danny 

This was an issue on my brother-in-laws Browning Grd5 425 recently, the gunsmith diagnosis and solution was that the ejectors were worn, replaced - perfect ever since.

Weird, I've shot literally thousands of the Superfasts, over the last couple of years, never had a single dud or any other issue with them. 

Many ejectors are wimpy and can be bent by rough handling.  Worth checking.  Most repair persons will replace before repair simply for the $.  The only actually worn ejectors I've seen were on a OLD Browning that was not that well maintained and had about a million rounds thru it.  They actually flopped around enough that it was funny.  Not that rare a situation on Brownings I've been led to believe.

Have you checked the condition of the 'lip' on the ejector?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a very common problem with worn ejector slides and cartridges with 6-7 mm heads.

Try using  a cartridge with a 12mm, 15mm, or 20 -25 mm head and you probably will not have an issue.

With the small head size the ejector lifts the case up out of the chamber onto the plastic shell , allowing excess play to come into the equation.

You cannot close a gun with the cartridge behind the ejector.

A friend had a Beretta ASE which for some reason would not an cartridge with brass higher than 8mm ? Anything higher jammed in the breach when the gun was opened... and the gun guru's blamed the cartridges :huh:   some of the best cartridges you could buy !

had this problem in an old baikel the ejector slides were worn so I just tweeked em a bit ,works fine now.

Ejector does not appear to be worn and the lip is good . I hope it's the cart . Shame I bought 2k will have to take them back. So should I go for rio or comp x 28g 

Cheers Danny 

Ejector does not appear to be worn and the lip is good . I hope it's the cart . Shame I bought 2k will have to take them back. So should I go for rio or comp x 28g 

Cheers Danny 
Rio a much more serious cartridge. Comp x very soft. 

Latest posts

Back