Shooting Lesson

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HardFocus

I had my first ever shotgun shooting lesson yesterday with Ben Husthwaite at Kibworth Shooting Ground and all I can say is WOW....

I never write reviews but it was that good I feel compelled to write this short review and share my experience. I think it will help shooters in my position who are considering selecting a "Coach" Ben is truly an elite level coach who can work on your specific issues in detail and provide immediate and understandable solutions, covering both technical and mental management issues in depth.

We started off the day with Ben sitting down and finding out a little bit about me in order to understand any challenges that I was having. This was a comprehensive conversation covering both technical and mental management strategies. This is where Ben finds out about the student before going out to see you shoot at clays. During the discussion Ben also introduces you to his Method Star and explains the rationale behind it and how it aids in shot planning etc..

Previously being a British Martial Arts champion I have had world class coaching before, and it became instantly obvious to me that Ben is at the very top of his game from a clay shooting coaching perspective. 

His knowledge of the sport is phenomenal, for example if you are a shooter who suffers from missing the last pair, or your mind wanders while in the stand or you suffer from anxiety and fear, or you find it hard to keep your focus, then Ben has comprehensive tools that will help you to eliminate these problems. 

The focus of my lesson was on Mental Mastery and routines and Ben was able to add massively to the knowledge that I already had and make it more shotgun shooting specific. However just like "swing through" "Pull away" or Maintained Lead mental management is a "Tool" that needs to be practiced, and Ben provides guidelines and principles to aid you with this.

We finished off the session with Ben introducing me to the "GRID" it's great you have to shoot it. But I will not go into detail as you will find out about it when you go to see him ??

So if you are a serious clay shooter and truly want to take your shooting to the next level, then I can not recommend him highly enough.

Great write up. I am seeing Ben on Sunday for a 2 hour lesson so sounds like it is going to be a great lesson. :)

Back