Section 1 or Section 3 Semi Auto

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisPackham

Hopefully a couple of members have experience of these..

I am eagerly awaiting my FAC, I have been since the end of March so surely not much longer to wait.?...

My intention was to buy a section 1 semi auto for vermin control rather than a 3 shot as my permission ask its pigeon infestation provides good reason.  However, I also bored of not having bought any new guns for a while and the money is burning a whole in my pocket, equally the gun will be needed at the end of the game season and I'm not convinced FAC will arrive by then.

My options are :    to hold out until FAC arrives, or

To buy a section 2 semi auto and then get an expanded mag when FAC arrives and transfer ( this way I can practice with    

The gun before FAC arrives, or 

To forget the idea and just stick to 3 shot, or

Buy both

A friend has a section 1 semi auto (5 shot) and finds it heavy to lug around and diffivukt to balance, I am obviously heavy handed as I don't really notice it, however I have my eye on a 1301 beretta 10 shot so that may be a different kettle of cheese.

Some advice would be welcome, I am keen to go shopping at the weekend...

By the time you have fired three shots the rest will have buggered off. 

By the time you have fired three shots the rest will have buggered off. 
Got to agree with this,certainly for pigeons.I have shot pigeons for many years and don't ever think me or a pal could have shot one or two more with a 5+ shot.Certainly when decoying you end up shooting at one going away that's out of range,good news for the cartridge makers.

Decoying corvids well may be,but  rare and I think if you hit 3 at time your doing well.Goose decoying,now this is the only time it could be useful to have more than 3 shots,but given the cost of cartridges do you want to be banging away at long stuff.We use semis for every thing but game and clay shooting and all but one of us only now has a 3 shot.

However as you say the money is burning a hole in your pocket.... Go for for it, you can never have too many guns.All we do in our house is buy another cabinet.

pmg

Thanks, I'm thinking that the best solution is to buy the three shot and the extended mag if necessary, with the 'change' I can buy a section 1 pump to satisfy my inner redneck...

On one of my permisssions birds come in from a long way in waves over some tall poplar trees to decoys ( or flighting on the right day)  the reason for section 1 is that it would be impossible to reload quick enough with 3 shot, not to fire 10  at the same bird.

Also it will be fun on the traps in the paddock ..

Thanks

Latest posts

Back