puregold

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A,
Have tried them in the past for a Beretta with Mobil chokes and they pattern really well. Changed the gun so sold them to a friend of mine and he uses them all the time for sporting and Fitasc and they perform brilliantly for him in his old model 682.

They are 3/8 and I would not go any tighter than that.

Something to bear in mind though is that as they do extend a long way they are comparatively heavy and will alter the balance of your gun, which can be for the better or worse.

S

A,
Have tried them in the past for a Beretta with Mobil chokes and they pattern really well. Changed the gun so sold them to a friend of mine and he uses them all the time for sporting and Fitasc and they perform brilliantly for him in his old model 682.

They are 3/8 and I would not go any tighter than that.

Something to bear in mind though is that as they do extend a long way they are comparatively heavy and will alter the balance of your gun, which can be for the better or worse.

S
thanks   i was going 3/8 3/8  the extended ported ones      i emailed puregold  they are only posting to Canada at the moment  !   ( covid restrictions )    

I think Ben Wells who does the English Sporting Clays videos used to sell them at one time and also Edgar Bros used to. What gun did you want them for?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Ben Wells who does the English Sporting Clays videos used to sell them at one time and also Edgar Bros used to. What gun did you want them for?
browning ultra xs pro    invector plus       i was after 3/8 3/8  extended ported  stainless steel         cheers !    

seem to have hit a brick wall regarding puregold chokes ,   so now looking at rhino chokes extended ported , any reviews  ?     ( cant beat a bit o bling )   to bump your scores up  !!    🙈

didn't realise how  complicated it would be to buy a couple o chokes ,  puregold no chance and now rhino proving  tough to buy / order here in the uk  !!

Always found teague to pattern very well in 3/8 out of Brownings, they are easily available in any flavour you like (ported, stainless, titanium) and reasonably priced but sure there must be a reason why looking at other brands?

I had my old MK38 with Briley choked also from Potters and they were really good, when I got my K80 I went to Teague chokes and again cannot fault them.  They are the flush ones but they pattern superbly. 

For what it’s worth I have used the old all stainless Rhino Chokes in Berettas , I also got some with a secondhand K80 lightweight action I bought 20 years ago ( still got it but use a MK38 ) . The angled port holes in the Rhinos we’re a sod to clean , especially of plastic fouling . The K80 now has Krieghoff extended titanium chokes  . Personally I feel choke ports are just ‘ smoke and mirrors ‘ . 

merry xmas everyone  ,    anyone here use puregold chokes ?     i would like to purchase two ,   any reviews ?  
You spend your money as you please but I must ask the question, why?

If it’s to make the gun look fancy I sort of understand but if it’s to achieve an improvement to your scores you’re most likely wasting your time. Chokes come so far down the list of performance variables it makes no discernible difference at all. If it buys you one target a season I’d be surprised.

Last edited by a moderator:
Briley 3/8 in mine from Chris Potter although not ported, any reason your favoring ported as they can get quite dirty on the ends in use
Briley 1/4 for me, got rid of the ported because of the cleaning issues. I used to leave them to soak for a day in some GT85. Changed to standard extended 1/4 and not noticed any difference in performance with fibre or plastic wads.

Back