Owls Lodge Shooting School - October 29th

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if there are any cartridge restrictions at Owl's Lodge? Been all over the web site but can't find any info :)  Jon.

• Matt RutherfordWe've had a question on the ShootClay forum - are there any wad restrictions at Owls Lodge? We couldn't find it on the site. Thanks!
    3 minutes ago ·

Tanya N Richard Faulds No wad restrictions, just 28g maximum loads, looking forward to seeing you then!

I should be there around 13.00-14.00, all things being equal. Taking the sporter and trap guns, in case of any OT practice in the offering Weather forecast looks good /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, I should be there when I arrive ;) somewhere between 12-14 depending on the morning ., will be calling at Maskells in North Camp en route plus getting tractor fuel, cash, lottery ticket, haircut but may DIY that .. I'll most likely not stay for the hog roast as not been well this week and haven't eaten since Tuesday :(  Jon.

well I managed to get down to Owls Lodge early Sunday.Fancied trying the Geurinis. I tried the 32 inch summit I think. It was suprisingly light but a bit too long in the stock, the targets were also a bit testing. They didnt have the maxum sporter which is there biggest seller and the gun I was hoping to find there/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-confused.gifI did shoot the other sporttrap layout as well and managed a 20/25, So I owe the misses a £1 as I definately looked at the barrels twice. The other ones I missed were pick up point related and clearly shooting over a rabbit. So cheers Rob for the tip/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif I thought the ground was really first class, great clubhouse, everyone friendly and welcoming, shame I couldnt stay longer but I had to leave by 2ishManaged to say hello to the shootclay posse before I left also managed to see someone shoot 23/25 on the layout in front of the club house which was impressive.I will definately go there again as I want to practice on clays at that range as my club has mostly closer stuff.I hope they managed to raise plenty of dosh for the charity.

Was a great fun day, they changed the layouts round - but just before it finished, I shot the layout in front of the club house... scored terribly - but one of the guys straighted it - very impressive.

Great to see you all again guys, shot a 17 & an 18 on the two layouts. Fairly happy with that at this stage of my Sporting education. Wendy decided the Compact targets were a bit hard, so just did a bit of skeet. Will look forward to the next meet up. Bob & Wendy

shootclay admin said:

Was a great fun day, they changed the layouts round - but just before it finished, I shot the layout in front of the club house... scored terribly - but one of the guys straighted it - very impressive.
Must of missed you on the way round Matt, I left just as they were changing the layouts. 25 what a score. That lay out in front of the clubhouse was tough, everything that just a bit further out and the sim pairs were really hard. Looking forward to going again and practicing at that range with a slab to build up sight pictures

I liked the ground a lot. Seemed like a good turnout, good to meet Matt again, Jon Skeet and someone else, sorry forgot the name! I had a 17 on the far layout, but struggled on the clubhouse layout - too difficult for me. A 25 straight on that one was very impressive IMO. I didn't stay for the fireworks as I couldn't feel my feet! Wrong footwear for a chilly night.

tobi-wan said:

I liked the ground a lot. Seemed like a good turnout, good to meet Matt again, Jon Skeet and someone else, sorry forgot the name! 
Could have been me Nicola introduced us around by the far layout. Andy

. no probs mate, your memory is nothing like the clays I aimed at on saturday then? /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cry.gif

Latest posts

Back