new velocity plus

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just used the fibre, very nice, smooth clean, great breaks.

Hv for me now, I'm sticking with them.

Just out of interest does  anyone now how fast they really are?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried a hundred fibres today and pretty pleased with them. A lot less kick that the Power Blues I had been using. Good price at £160 for 1000. I think plastics were £155. 

On reflection, at Bisley yesterday I felt a tiny bit less recoil with the new Velocity over the old.. I don't know how fast they are but they aren't slow. I missed most things in front as usual. They did make that big driven midi absolutely disappear too.

So is the general feeling these are a very good budget cartridge? My gun shop said they are pretty much their best selling cart.

I tried these today in parallel with 24g Evo 8, as expected a little harder on the shoulder but not thumpy at all compared to the old ones, they feel fast rather than thumpy... Very very impressed so far for the money.

Ive been shooting the Gambore Evo`s for a while now, but last month I was given 100 of the old Volocitys. I used some of the volocitys last night and I am confident I could tell the difference, not in score as my first half of the round was very good straighting the first two stnads and a nine on the third stand, but different targets in the second half that had me stumped. The volocitys how ever seemed sharper and just not as nice to shoot, sm sure when shooting into the wind I could also feel like a small bit of fine grit in the air blown back at me like unburnt powder maybe.

So I for one wont be buying the Volocites, for £3 a slab more I will be sticking with Evo`s. So thanks again to Sian for the recomendation on these back at the start of the year !

ATB

Matt 

The new Velocity Cartridges are 1410 fps (old ones were 1400) so not a huge difference. I found them a little less thumpy than the old ones even though they are slightly faster.

I use these or EVO for practice then step up a bit for competition. I didn't have any Black Gold fibre carts left and had to shoot the Surrey Police shoot with them and ended on a 92 x 100. Even with some mid / long range and some very fast crossers.

I didn't see much bigger lead than when using the Dark Storm and the kills were all convincing.

Would be nice to have 8's as an option as it seems to be the more common size used, but I guess it's a way to keep costs down and less stock to manage for gun shops.

All in all a fantastic cartridge for the price!

A fellow shooter whose not on the forum used the old velocity plastic and fibre exclusively for the last few years and switched to the Velocity+ a couple of months ago. He doesn't think it's just a name change "Great cartridge softer recoil than the original but hits clays just as hard at short and long range also the fibres are a bit cleaner". 

Got through 100 of those today, seemed to do the job although did leave barrels pretty dirty. Admitadley they were fibre and I've previously used plastic so guess I'm not used to messy fibre fouling. 

Back