New Sunday Shoot (Open) - Common Leys CPC

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAVE_B

Always good news! We have a new Sunday shoot based in Waterperry, Oxfordshire. Its first shoot was today (Sunday 21 July).

Shooting was from 10am to 2pm with the last card at 12:30. Normal format: 100 birds over 10 stands and you could opt to shoot 50, 80 or 100. 100 cost £24 which is very fair! [Fibre Wad Only]

There was a good mix of targets which I am sure will develop as time goes by. There were two long distant crossers that were a challenge to even the most experienced shot but otherwise the targets were good fun and a realistic challenge.

The ground is a green field location so there isn't any cover which means you get to see the clay from trap to break, this can be quite a challenge if you are like me as it gives you too long to think and re-think each target.

The ground has good toilets and very acceptable bacon butties with free tea and coffee.

What makes this shoot slightly unique is that there is a bar/restaurant on site.

Obviously the bar is for AFTER shooting but the restaurant offers a great Sunday lunch in very pleasant surroundings.

If you do fancy lunch it is probably worth booking ahead or dropping in as you arrive to reserve a table (inside or out in the garden). We did give it a go as it was our first visit and have to say the roast pork (their own) was excellent.

Contact detail:

Common Leys Clay Pigeon Club

Common Leys Farm

Waterperry Common

Waterperry

Oxfordshire

OX33 1LQ

(SAT NAV use: HP18 9UP)

Paul Curling: 07721 501 589

Shoot dates for 2013:

Aug - 4th, 18th

Sept - 1st, 15th, 29th

Oct - 13th, 27th

Nov - 10th, 24th

Dec - 8th, 22nd

Common Leys Farm

(Country Accommodation & Dining)

Doug and Allie Cherry

01865 351 266

Email: [email protected]

Web: www.commonleysfarm.com

I must stress I do not have any connection with either the shoot or the restaurant but I do feel the more we support our local shoots and businesses the better it is for everyone, especially shooting.

Dave_b

Popped along to this one today with my dad. Mainly to see Paul for the first time in a year or so (taught me to shoot when I was a mere school lad), so felt id go and support him. Good mix of targets, one stand I felt was a little 'unreachable' and one other that was verging on it but hittable if shot on the drop. Will be back next time I feel the need for a play on a spare Sunday.....

Glad to see Pauls got a replacement for Aylesbury so quickly and sounds like the facilities are a lot better in the bargain :)

Is this really a new shoot,seem to have shot something very similar to this a few years back,do they or did they not used to run a pub league here or am i thinking of somewhere else that is very close to here.

Greenfield entertainments used to do a shoot somewhere around there, but this is definitely a new shoot organiser if not new ground

That's it Greenfields thought it was here as we shot then had sunday dinner in the pub.

Greenfields you could opt to shoot 50 or 70 birds.

Last edited by a moderator:
My understanding is that Greenfield Entertainment have gone, now at a new venue:

Magnolia Park Golf and Country Club

Brill Rd

Boarstall

Bucks

HP18 9XX

and Paul has moved into run this shoot.

Back