International Sport funding request

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter.W-T

Firstly apologies for the blatant request ! - however I know many forum users are big supporters of Children who compete at Elite level in sport.

The letter below is from my daughter Abi. Thanks for taking the time to read it.

As requested lower down in the thread my PayPal email address is :

[email protected]

My name is Abi Woodliffe-Thomas and i am an elite acrobatic gymnast. I train a minimum of 6 days a week for 22 hours and am currently building up for what I hope will be a fantastic 2015

I will be 16 in February and have been doing gymnastics for 10 years now. I have competed Regionally, Nationally and Internationally so far have achieved some amazing results. I am a British National Silver, Bronze and 4th place holder, Bristol International Invitational Gold, Silver and Bronze medalist. I have also won Gold medals at Regional events on a number of occasions.

I have been selected to represent my club, Oxford School of Gymnastics and Great Britain at the 2015 MAIA World Cup in Portugal and the 2015 Geneva Cup in Switzerland. I will also compete in the British National Finals, in Stoke On Trent subject to qualification.

The International competitions cost around £700 and I will also need to buy a new hand made competition leotard for these competitions that will be £500.

So i was wondering if you or your company would be kind enough to help me on my gymnastics journey by sponsoring me to help me fund the International competitions.

2014 has been a year of training and developing my skills and starting work with my new partnership, I am in a trio with Aysha (16) and Samara (11) and we will be competing at the most popular International category FIG 11-16.

So with your support I hope to achieve achieve my gymnastics dreams and do what I love doing most - competing at the highest level for my age group on the International stage.

I do hope you can help.

Abi

[email protected]

07794 326559

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter, send me an email where I can send a small donation and I'll get right on to it? Cyril Jeffery.

Job done Peter, I just hope there are a few more on here that wants to help a youngster achieve their dream. :preved:

Some of us already are!

Wish you lots of luck Abi

DT

Guru, I have two youngsters of my own who I'm trying very hard to help 'achieve their dream' !!!

Simply not in a position to help right now.

For what its worth I do wish Abi the chance to take up the opportunities she's presented with.

Sadly, like Bryn, I am not in a position to help financially but wish you well in your quest Abi.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

:fie:  Is someone missing the point here?  £5.00 or £10.00 would be appreciated! no one is asking for hundreds ?

I did'nt know that I am the richest man on here with a £200.00 a week pension! :fie:

Does Abi have a PayPal address where people can send "gifts"?

Perhaps add it to the first post?

Does Abi have a PayPal address where people can send "gifts"?

Perhaps add it to the first post?
All, any donation will be a massive help and really appreciated.

As suggested above I have added my email address which can be used with PayPal to the first post.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read.

All the best

Peter

Quick update for you all - Abi and her trio competed in the Heathrow Gym Club Invitation event on Sunday and Im glad to report they came first in their category scoring the highest score of the day.

A cracking start to the season.

The next event is the Bristol International invitation event that takes place 13,14,15 Feb and we are all looking forward to that before moving on to the National Pre Lims and the National finals.
As before any support would be gratefully accepted.

Many thanks

Peter

Back