Ian Coleys Shooting School 100ESP Reg, 18th March

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

Shot this one today, few more entrants than last time out, Coleys is a strange set up in that as a practice venue it can get or appear to get a tad "corporate" target wise whereas the reg shoots have been at times flipping tough.

Last time out it was, I thought hard with one or four stands unforgiving, very much do for a C class muppet.

Today, different course setter I'm led to believe, I shot last rotation, 3pm, it was deemed by some of the earlier shooters to be "easier" now I'm still at the learning curve ( a very slow one) so can only speak as a the C class muppet that whilst no stand did I find overly difficult it was never the less a steady and varied challenge target wise, as for it being "easy" rather perversely the only stand I shot really badly was a Simo pair of going way birds, these started on the end of the barrels and were the probably the closest of targets presented today, and from what I gather quite a few dropped targets there, doesn't need speed and distance to beat guns it seems.

Now I've shot at a number of different grounds the last few weeks, and at everyone I heard lots of negative comments about the shoot presented, I've no doubt that setting a course is a thankless task, and when I've straighted a course an shot a 100 straight I'm going to clearly declare the course too easy until then I'm keeping any negative thoughts to myself and will try and find the ground owner/ course setter, shake his of her hand and thank them for the day.

As for scores, Dave Kempley and Stuart Gordon HG on 94, the HG on the previous shoot 93

And this c class muppet shot a 71 which itself will no doubt confirm to a few that the shoot must have been "easy"

Latest posts

Back