Hornet 8.9.13

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

Went along today and met up with Clever Dad and Rob0577 from here.

Unfortunately, Hornet has a reputation for trap problems and today did have its share again..

There was a good entry, so bit of a shame with just 11 stands as queuing was a factor in places.

On the upside, the clubhouse is extended and refurbished which was great, especially as winter approaches.

I thought that there were a lot of good stands today, but I think there was a slight lack of thought to 'overall course' difficulty. You could perhaps call 1 or 2 stands easy and pretty much everything else was a strong test. A bit gruelling for many people and when I left an 89 was leading I think. Chris Childerhouse still to shoot. I haven't quite got my form of a few months ago back, but was still a bit cross with my 75. I dropped 5 on one stand having hit the first 4! Twit. Probably didn't have more than an 83 in me even on a good day..

I would be interested to know who won and about other scores.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went along today and met up with Clever Dad and Rob0577 from here.

Unfortunately, Hornet has a reputation for trap problems and today did have its share again..

There was a good entry, so bit of a shame with just 11 stands as queuing was a factor in places.

On the upside, the clubhouse is extended and refurbished which was great, especially as winter approaches.

I thought that there were a lot of good stands today, but I think there was a slight lack of thought to 'overall course' difficulty. You could perhaps call 1 or 2 stands easy and pretty much everything else was a strong test. A bit gruelling for many people and when I left an 89 was leading I think. Chris Childerhouse still to shoot. I haven't quite got my form of a few months ago back, but was still a bit cross with my 75. I dropped 5 on one stand having hit the first 4! Twit. Probably didn't have more than an 83 in me even on a good day..

I would be interested to know who won and about other scores.
Hi Will, I completely agree with you re the queues, breakdowns and targets but love the new clubhouse. Kevin has assured me that the next shoot on 22nd September will have minimum 12 stands and a pool shoot - we shall see! I, however, did not do as well as you, maybe I need to borrow your glasses to make the targets bigger or were they really that far away! Shot 57, did great down in the field but had a disaster on all the stands around the clubhouse (go figure?).

See you soon.

Calamity

Hi Will, I completely agree with you re the queues, breakdowns and targets but love the new clubhouse. Kevin has assured me that the next shoot on 22nd September will have minimum 12 stands and a pool shoot - we shall see! I, however, did not do as well as you, maybe I need to borrow your glasses to make the targets bigger or were they really that far away! Shot 57, did great down in the field but had a disaster on all the stands around the clubhouse (go figure?).See you soon.Calamity
Hi, no I think many of them were that far away! Like I say, nothing was unshootable and I think many stands were great. Just needed a couple of tough stands backing off to balance the course IMO. Or a shift away from so many stands featuring two tough targets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Managed an 88 which was pleasing as its been a bit mediocre of late .Some really good targets today I thought.

Saw Chris later at crazy bear he shot a 91 which was highest with someone else I think.

Managed an 88 which was pleasing as its been a bit mediocre of late .Some really good targets today I thought.

Saw Chris later at crazy bear he shot a 91 which was highest with someone else I think.
That is great going Gary. I was 18 away when I saw you and went to the last two stands by the clubhouse. Shame about the additional 7 losses..

They were tricky Wil.

Nice to see its coming back together a bit for you mate.
Ta. Yes it had its high points today. I ruined the card on about 3 stands mainly. Happy to straight the stand at the far end (looper and high edge on away). And hit most stuff in that field area, which looked the hardest part..

Hornet seems to have gone down hill in the last six months which is a shame as its very local to me, the main moan that I see is that blokes that have won their class and not been paid a thing, now many people are shooting birds only to use the ground for practise only which makes things worse, the last second from last shoot saw new scorers and 1 marked down 8 misses instead of kills which we didn't found out till the finish, things need to improve !

I spoke to Kevin (Hornet owner) and I know he is looking for some experienced scorers. Anybody interested could contact him by pm on this site I suppose.

Back