Grounds for people without SGC

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LancsLad

Hi, as I've posted before I am now 1 week in to my SGC application. I would like a go on the clays this weekend though. Is there anywhere in the Bedford'ish area where I could go shooting that provide someone without their SGC a registered person to accompany them round? Or is someone off here in the area going shooting who wouldn't mind putting their SGC behind the bar for me to hire an SG and shoot a few clays with them?

I've been to sporting clays a few times with a friend but he can't do weekends. I've also had a 50 clay lesson.

Hi, as I've posted before I am now 1 week in to my SGC application. I would like a go on the clays this weekend though. Is there anywhere in the Bedford'ish area where I could go shooting that provide someone without their SGC a registered person to accompany them round? Or is someone off here in the area going shooting who wouldn't mind putting their SGC behind the bar for me to hire an SG and shoot a few clays with them?

I've been to sporting clays a few times with a friend but he can't do weekends. I've also had a 50 clay lesson.
​quite a long way from Bedfordshire but this place allows non SGC holder to shoot..... http://www.bristolclayshooting.com/

I expect there are other closer to Bedfordshire though.

Call Sporting Targets in Risely and see if they can provide someone to go round with you. Further away, but Cambridge Gun Club might also be able to help.

If you can shoot midweek (oftentimes quieter), send me a pm and I can try to meet you there (Risely or Cambs). I'm not going to be able to teach you much, but happy to have someone to shoot with.

Have fun,

Richard

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi BTC (Richard), I work a 9 day fortnight so get 1 Friday off every 2 weeks. This week is my working Friday but next week on Friday I am willing and available to meet up if your diary allows?

LancsLad (a Richard Also)

Hi,

Next Friday currently looks good so unless something nuts happens at work, I say we go for it. Which ground?

Let's coordinate by PM, and if anyone else wants to come along, we can move this to the meet up section.

EDIT
Can't get PMs to work, will send you my contact details as soon as I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back