Griffin Lloyds new setup.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidney

First registered shoot for Griffin Lloyd shooting ground yesterday since their recent re-fit.

Both trap layouts have had the old promatic/fairey traps replaced with new Matterelli machines, and re wired with multi-pull electronics. Targets were excellent. One of the best backgrounds in the country too. Worth a visit.

Also in the process of building an Olympic skeet range.

Nice to see a ground going from strength to strength and expanding rather than the planning problems/noise restrictions/closings we tend to hear about.

Good news Sid. I take it they now have two OT layouts then and will be running registered comps? Looking forward to a trip down there in the summer.

Now if we could only get one in the Midlands!!

DT

Yep they have had two layouts and reg shoots for years, just last year they took some time out from holding competitions to give them a chance to get everything sorted. Next OT shoot is on the 29th, wander down. A ground in the midlands would be ideal... I'll keep buying my lotto tickets! One day !

Last edited by a moderator:
I stand corrected.

Can't make the 29th. UT selection shoot at Bev that weekend but I'll certainly aim to get down there at some point.

DT

Fabulous ground as sid says one of the best backgrounds in trap. Shame its such a distance for me.

Make the trip sometime Greg you will enjoy it mate.

6th July they have the last welsh OT selection if that's any good to you.
But I'm not Welsh!!

Will try and make it but can't promise as many, many brownie points being used up for Essevierre visit followed by UT selection shoot the same week!!

I really do need to grow a pair!

DT

You can still shoot it.. It's a reg comp.
Err...I was jesting!

Another trap ground over 90 miles and 2 hours from me!! Bugger!!

Still, nearer than Bev, SW2000, Nutty, NCSC, SC, etc, etc, etc.

If I win the big lottery I will deffo build the most fantastic trap shooting ground smack in the Midlands! Build it and they will come - as they say! 

DT

I thought you might be you little tinker but wasn't sure.

Near Hereford would be ideal for me! ;-)

Near Hereford would be ideal for me! ;-)
Should have said 'smack in the middle of the Midlands'......like Tamworth area !!

Last time I looked Hereford was not smack in the middle of the country?

Here's hoping!!

DT

Latest posts

Back