Four Counties - FITASC - 22nd July...

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
At last! Some sunshine to go shooting in, and not a moment too soon - although given the display of various legs, knees and ankles on display - I might prefer a little more of a chill in the air!

Arrived at 9ish for a 10.15 start - decent breakfast, and then the squad assembled - Me, Tobi Wan, FuzRat, Bob_P, GavB, SkiChel and one other. The Four Counties FITASC is two parcour, at ether ends of the woods - with hoops moved at half time to make completely different layouts. Was very impressed with how different each parcours was with a shift of hoop.

Every target imaginable, one peg was crammed with crossers & loopers all with different lines and leeeds to catch everyone out, and one peg had two rabbits, a teal and a flat g/a bird with tons of light and background changes to keep you busy. The huge battue on Black Parcours peg 2 killed me, both times round from different hoops, and the close up quartering rabbit put paid to a final 20, after straghting peg one and only dropping 2 on peg 2, I was on course for another 20-something but dropped the quartering rabbit consistently. Damn my inaccuracy!

I was very happy with my scoring today 21/15/20/18 for a personal best of 74 - and there were some other good scores across the ShootClay squad. As usual, Four Counties organisation was strong, the whole day ran efficiently, was well reffed and supported - and the cafe was running at full tile all day to keep us in burgers, bacon rolls and cups of coffee.

Great day in the sunshine... well done to Sue and Brian, and the team for a nice day out.

Yep Thanks to Sue and the team, really enjoyed it :D

Started off completely the opposite from my last FITASC effort, Straighted the 1st peg and shot quite steady for the rest of the parcour for my first 20. Went down hill on the second parcour, the battue also slayed me (especially as it was a single and a raf pair) along with the looong l-r crosser on peg 3 I came off with 14.

Fortified by cow and cheese in a roll, shot a tidy 19 on parcour 3. Thats the thing I really like about FITASC, one peg you have a nice gentle crosser, next peg same trap is a hellish curling teal! Last parcour and peg 2 killed me (hoop moved 15yrds to the left and a peg I had only missed 2 on in the morning rotation, just goes to show how a small angle change makes a world of difference) and managed to scrape off of there with a 15.

Final total a massive PB of 68 :D

echo the comments on here- very well run, friendly crew and good squad to shoot with and to top it all the sun was shining, those battues killed me dropping 3 of 4, and one of the lay outs saw me ruin what could of been a really good score, however witnessed some very good shooting, be interested to see the final scores across the classes, finished witha pb of 77 but more chuffed with my first parcour 23 ex 25

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks - and glad you enjoyed it.

Just the headlines as these 4.30am starts kill me and I can hear my bed calling!

High gun was John Heagren on 96, Vets J Pool with 92, Ladies Sarah White 82 and Juniors James Bishop 74

A Class R Wyatt 95, B Class Steve Hamblin 88, C Class Richard Warwick 88 and D Class Nick Webster 79.

Berkshire Champs: Men's Rick Wyatt 95, Ladies: LaDonna McDonald 74 on crutches, Vets: Bob Bailey 88 and James Bishop was Junior champ with his 74. Berkshire class WInners: A - none, as Rick and Bob were already placed and they were the only 2 A class Berks shooters, B Class Steve Hamblin, C Class Jon Riley 84 and D Class (drum roll please....) Matt Rutherford 74!!! :D Well done Matt!

Night night!

Yarrrrrrrrr! My best FITASC by 10 shots, and another lower class County thingy - SportTrap next week, aiming for the hattrick.

Yes, a good day out. I had a PB but still much improvement required. Finished off with a straight on the last peg which was a good feeling. Thanks to Sue and Brian

Well done to all the squad, it was a pleasure shooting with you all again, and thanks to Brian and Sue.

Sounds like you had a great day. Sue & Brian always put on a good event.

Looking forward to Sunday for the Berkshire Sportrap.

Myself and TipTop shall be out on the circuit at 10am, with the Crazy Stan Sadler in tow!

Ear defenders ready for Stan's animated words when he misses. Should be fun.

Stew :eek:

We'll be on the 13h squad - so maybe we'll bump into each other as we eat bacon rolls...

Latest posts

Back