EJ CHURCHILL ESP REG 3.5.12

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

Just managed to avoid the rain today, starting shooting at 2.30 with my wife. Gav B found us hiding from the rain in the car park and joined us when it stopped.

There was a different feel to the course today, with it being in a giant loop around the ground, with none of the middle areas used. Nice change actually.

I think the course was more technically tricky rather than hard, so I think that the scores could be really high if shooters don't trip up on some subtle angles and quick close stuff.

We started in the skeet area (stand 1)?. I missed just one, then dropped 6 on stand two, the sim r-l pair. Aaaaarrrgghhh! Fully expecting a disasterous round at that point.. 7 away, with 80 to go. Managed to drop just another 6 to the end for a surprise 87. Four of those were soppy ones too! Ho hum..

So, as that was the first shoot of period 44, if I don't shoot again for a year, I will be AAA! Ha ha.

I saw a lot of faces from here going out as I left, so look forward to hearing how they did. I think there is a 97 HG there somewhere, maybe Mark Marshall, but you never know..

CSC3

Pleasure to shoot with you and Mrs Clever this afternoon Mr C

Not at the races again today- seems to be a pattern developing - hitting the first pair then looking at the lead for the next pair and missing them- nice to

see some different targets though

finished on a very disapointing 61 for my official cpsa score as im a new member - can only get better i suppose ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see Mr & Mrs Clever and Gav as I arrived - as well as Steve Lovatt just setting out. I bumped into Clever_Dad on the way in and we rattled round at a fair pace (dodging the fella with the semi auto who had never shot before and was making me nervous).

Some interesting stands - as Gav and Clever have said, a little bit different for Churchills. Some really quick, close up birds that tested your gun speed.

I went with the sole intention of exorcising the ghost of Gunsite - my 38 39 there had left me reeling after recent shoots, I thought changing cartridges and chokes was a silly thing to do and talked myself out of hitting anything that day. Ghost exorcised - I finished on a 75, which I'm pretty happy with, 1 3 below my personal best - but 5 higher than the score that won c-class for me last time. I'll take it! Double bonus was picking up winnings from last time which left me UP on money for the day :)

Other scores - I think Steve said he hit 89, Clever_Dad finished on an 86.

All bodes well for evening CPSA shooting at Churchills when summer arrives properly!

Went round with Kirk Bridges who shot 96 ,chris childerhouse was shooting just behind us and finnished on 95.

I shot 88.

Refreshing layout change i thought,nothing really hard but as always easy to miss. hope they continue to vary it.

well done Matt.

see you tuesday at rbss clever, hope the weather shapes up.

Banger

Trust you to hit one more than me.. Hope you won A mate.

See you at Rbss if not Weston first,

Cheers

CSC3

NIce change to the shoot today, few more speedy ones than usual made a differance.

Farely indifferant round didnt drop more than two on any of the stands and finished up on an 89, nice start to the new classification period!

Well done Steve. Really kicking myself for dropping six on the sim pair. If it had just been three I would have taken you and Banger. Ho hum..

CSC3

I took 6 from that - but had a mare on the 4th stand - the low flat incomer with the O/R crow - missed EVERY single one of the incomers - thats very frustrating - hit the crow for 5, but could not get the measure of that incomer.

Same applied down in the sticks - smashed the fast r/l pink bird, but struggled on the curling incomer. Only hit one of the incomer, and missed the pink target once whilst thinking about that. Took a five.

Thinking about it today - I have a feeling it is about body position, I seem to 'run' out of room on incomers like that, need to figure out a comfortable kill position and 'wind' into the hold position.

Two stands of five that really cost me on a card of 75 when I am focusing on 80 as my next personal target, just a couple better on each of those stands and I'd be hitting that number.

The low incomer was all about getting on line. Assuming it was shot quite late, it was on about a 15 degree downward slope. Then stick 2.5 feet on.

The incomer in the sticks was really simple. (The pink one was harder by far IMO). You were likely in front. I shot about one clay ahead of it.

CSC3

2.5 feet? I read it much less - especially as it was right in front of me - good target to catch out the learners that one.

Sticks second target - agreed, was in front, but marginally by the sound of it... I was trying to get closer to the front edge every time... hey ho!

Ah.. problem was that it was not right in front. Came from 60 yards away and closed in, but POI was still 20+ yards out. Quite quick too.. I was giving it 2 feet and always hitting the back edge. Didnt dare adjust though. Missed one by slowing up.

CSC3

I missed two of the incommers in the sticks by trying to shoot it too late - bigger target!

Shot it about fifteen feet futher out and centre patern every time! - ARSE!

In the sticks, I was so happy that I hit the pink target crossing that I surprised myself before missing the orange!

Back