Definition of gun shoots where you look?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not at all.  The gun is still shooting where you are looking and an effective pattern size for the distance is still worth knowing.
Disagree. I’ve found tiny problems with gun fit kill me on very basic targets, while I’ve hit 70 yard loopers with a gun that would only fit a 7 foot man with a 14” wide head. Once a lot of lead is involved it all spatial awareness, nothing really lines up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can certainly relate to the critical nature of gun fit to my meager skill set.  The rest of what you said before and the above not so much.

Discussions like these are always problematic since it seems to me that personal perspective/opinion of WTF is going on is less than universal.  And of course that is JMO as well hahaha

I can certainly relate to the critical nature of gun fit to my meager skill set.  The rest of what you said before and the above not so much.

Discussions like these are always problematic since it seems to me that personal perspective/opinion of WTF is going on is less than universal.  And of course that is JMO as well hahaha
I suppose I would use the analogy that some clay shooting is a bit rifle-like (the “straight at it” targets), while the more extreme stuff is more like hitting a tennis ball, where it all lines up well, but you sure aren’t looking down the racket..

I suppose I would use the analogy that some clay shooting is a bit rifle-like (the “straight at it” targets), while the more extreme stuff is more like hitting a tennis ball, where it all lines up well, but you sure aren’t looking down the racket..
Exactly , you don't close one eye to corner a car , you  don't do it either when you bat a ball or kick a ball , or strike a golf ball . Spacial awareness . Look at what is between the ears.

IF,  Gunfit is so very important , could someone explain to me how & why many people , especially lefthanders can shoot a gun cast off for a righthander so well ?

( Of course I do know the answer , but thought I would liven up the forum , hopefully).

Of course it is. I doubt if Joe Kitson & Graham Stirzaker have ever had their cheeks on a comb (Graham did once have a beard?).

If we can get used to barrel target relationship and shoot well , why is gunfit deemed to be so important ? Is it just another thing to part us from our money?

I would think that the number of people who shoot a fitted gun would be very few .

Back