Decided

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victorismyhero

who's a lucky boy then.....me is....

browning B725 hunter on standby for my ticket arriving

went and tried one out..... niiiice :nyam:   fits like it should and I can actually hit things with the stuff that comes out the hot end....

seriously like it....put 50 rounds through it over about an hour, no recoil effects at all, not even the next day...and was only wearing shirt and jumper...

will get the thickest and thinnest butt pads to account for thicker/thinner clothing. balance nice swings nice

now all i need to do is look for a "barn door" range..... :hunter:

Best of luck and hope when it gets to know you that the relationship survives, nice bit on the arm for a while anyway

Are you sure you want a game gun to shoot clays? Or are you going to shoot game with it?

Are you sure you want a game gun to shoot clays? Or are you going to shoot game with it?
I shoot sporting with a trap gun....Don't listen to anyone else Victor, you get what you like....if it works great...if it doesn't then more shopping...What's not to like...it's a win-win situation...

Enjoy it and let us know how you get on....

Very little difference between the sporter and the hunter I think.

The sporter has a palm swell which is not on the hunter.

I shot a right handed (I'm a lefty) hunter a while back and really liked it.

This game is just as much about whats going on in your head as pointing the gun in the right direction. So if your happy, carry on. :biggrin:

Very little difference between the sporter and the hunter I think.

The sporter has a palm swell which is not on the hunter.

I shot a right handed (I'm a lefty) hunter a while back and really liked it.

This game is just as much about whats going on in your head as pointing the gun in the right direction. So if your happy, carry on. :biggrin:
The significant difference is the weight! The hunter is very light so shoving lots of shells through it in a short space of time could be a bit of a pain. The sporter as far as I know is just under 8lb against the hunter which is only about 7.2lbs, which is very light for a clay bashing gun!! I doubt if many on this forum would choose to bash clays with a game gun!

firstly welcome to the world of shooting.good that you have found a gun that you like and that is the main thing that you like it.

When I chose my first gun, the best feeling one in the shop got my vote. As a newbie, my 28" Beretta game gun felt lovely, as I pointed it at the clock on the wall. Yes please.

(I'm not still using it)

When I chose my first gun, the best feeling one in the shop got my vote. As a newbie, my 28" Beretta game gun felt lovely, as I pointed it at the clock on the wall. Yes please.

(I'm not still using it)
I agree, light often feels lovely in the gun shop but rarely shoots so lovely.

I agree, light often feels lovely in the gun shop but rarely shoots so lovely.
Exactly hammy! I got a game gun once because I wanted to do a bit of rough shooting,never did much of it though. Anyway the trap gun I had at the time was in for a service and I thought it would be fun to shoot 100 abt with the game gun! I was severely punished for my stupidity!!!

(I'm not still using it)
Did exactly the same with my first gun, then sold it for something " better ". Still wish I had it.. :angry:

chicken curry no worry

Bought my 1st trap gun march 86 a brand new parker hale 803 for 450 quid shot it solely for 10yrs then chopped it in for 400 quid for my second gun a brand new beretta 682 gold for 1250 then the fun started and now about 20 guns down the road and god only knows how much money, but i am one of bamfords favourite customers, i wonder why.

Point is you don't necessarily sell your 1st gun straight away not he you buy the right one.

Incidentally i think i did more straights with that gun than any other.

will have to try it on 100 bird clay, as I said 50 inside of an hour had NO ill effect. either immediately OR the next day. Felt recoil on this gun seems to me to be very low....maybe I'm just a big  gel pad....<<<wibble wobble>>>>

See how you get on with a busy day- you can always go down the recoil reduction route as an extra. 50 in an hour should cause no probs, only a round every 30 mins.

Options available so no bother but in an ideal world it is on the light side.

I doubt if many on this forum would choose to bash clays with a game gun!
While I don't disagree with you Les in any way, when I looked on the Guerini website, the gun that our Richard Faulds is using is listed as a game model, and he doesn't seem to be doing too bad with it! (Or has he had it weighed down?)

I also shoot clays with game guns, including S/S's, and I would agree that my sporter is far more comfortable and stable to shoot.

I started with a Browning 525 Game and have now have a Beretta 692 for sporting 

the browning is a lovely gun (still have it) but i was getting the odd bit of bruising and marking after putting a fair amount through it with the beretta not a single mark as of yet and I put 200 through it last Saturday. As has been said it's your money so you can do as you please but think a few steps ahead! 

Back