Certificate Renewal - Somerset

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OlafUK

Morning all

My current SGC expires on the Monday 19th Feb and after a few calls with the A&S Firearms Team over the last week, they have confirmed this morning that the renewal has gone through okay, the certificate signed and has been stuck in the Post (2nd Class). Yay!!

However, having thought about this, I'm just a little nervous that if it doesn't arrive on Monday then technically I could be in possession of unlicensed shotguns, even though I've had confirmation from A&SP that the certificate has been granted and its on its way. So in the meantime, I'm busy arranging temporary storage with an RFD as a stand by measure.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation and if so what did you do?

Ta

Was in very similar situation myself , in that actual hard copy of certificate did not until four of five days after previous expiry date. Local firearms licensing were very helpful and confirmed that their database / electronic records had been updated to reflect renewal and that from their perspective everything was above board. A brief phone call will hopefully put your mind at ease and negate any alternative storage arrangements .

Morning all

My current SGC expires on the Monday 19th Feb and after a few calls with the A&S Firearms Team over the last week, they have confirmed this morning that the renewal has gone through okay, the certificate signed and has been stuck in the Post (2nd Class). Yay!!

However, having thought about this, I'm just a little nervous that if it doesn't arrive on Monday then technically I could be in possession of unlicensed shotguns, even though I've had confirmation from A&SP that the certificate has been granted and its on its way. So in the meantime, I'm busy arranging temporary storage with an RFD as a stand by measure.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation and if so what did you do?

Ta
Absolutely no need to be concerned or lodge your guns with an RFD. Your entitlement together with details of your renewal are recorded on the NFLMS, accessible 24/7. The certificate is only confirmation of that.

Once paper certificates go in a few years it’ll all be done electronically anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies! All a bit of a moot point as when I got home my Certificate was waiting for me in the post! And funnily enough JP, that’s pretty much what the RFD said!  Yes looking forward to when it’s all done electronically and you can hopefully track how the application progresses! 😜

Is it my imagination or are there more good FEO stories than bad these last few months? Things seem to be getting better maybe? 

I have to admit that my dealings with ASP in the past have been great. However I’d say that the grant and first renewal of my SGC was a lot smoother than the renewal this time.

Mine is comming up in a couple of month's  

It was 5 days from visit to cert last time  (Grant)

:santa:

Back