Centre Vision

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skinnylizzy

Hi guys. I'm a right handed shooter that "suffers" from centre vision, i.e. I have no master eye, if I consentrate and try to make my right eye dominant, I have lots of "pull" from the left eye and visa versa. If I focus on something and point at it, then focus on my finger, I'm to the left and the right of it according to each eye........... Weird.

I started off shooting just closing my left eye before I pulled the trigger but I really didn't like this as if the left opened even slightly, I'd miss.

Then I went on to adjusting my grip on the fore end so the knuckle of my thumb blocked out the rib and bead from my left eye. This is goin fine as far as the eye dominance thing is concerned but the extremely unnatural position of my left arm/hand effects my mount and can create uncomfort fatigue.

Now........ I wear glasses, it's a light enough prescription needed because I lack some difinition at distance. I currently use a Pilla Outlaw RX insert in my Pilla Fugitives but because they're not designed for the Fugitive, there's quite a lot of clutter in the peripherals.

I'm going to get Daily disposable contacts but while I'm in this transitional period, is there anything I can do to help with my centre vision that will help me get back to a normal gun grip and mount. I'm not too fond of the idea of sticking things to my Pilla's so is there anything I can do when I'm getting my contacts like get a slightly weaker prescription in the left eye or something that will give me a master right eye?

Sorry for the long post and thanks for any help.

As is traditional, we fall back to Ed Lyons sage advice. I'm sure he will be along. However, I don't ever recall hearing or reading about anybody fixing eye dominance with a prescription change. That's a different issue. Steve Lovatt did try a different coloured left lense, which I think was interesting, (have a look on YouTube ?) but he shoots with a small patch routinely, which I think is the only solid fix..

Or you could shoot a gun with lots of cast off, you would have to forget about looking down the rib just trust your mount and shoot both eyes open,

Back