Beretta whacking my cheek, whats the cure????!!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I watched the video and the thing I am struck by is the fact that the gun actually moves back quite some distance before it makes contact with your shoulder, or that is the way it looks to me. So my advice get your gunmount sorted out so that the gun is properly into the shoulder pocket it looks too high on your shoulder and also you do not have enough of your body mass resisting the recoil so get more of your body weight over the front foot.

edit

I have just watched your other video and it looks to me that you are not mounting your gun properly. You mount the gun just against the shoulder try getting a bit more pressure on the shoulder that video actually gives me the impression you are using your arms to hold the gun away from your shoulder not against it and your face is barely making contact with the stock, I am a head well down onto the stock mount type but I know there are more ways to skin a rabbit.
I know it looks that way in the video but i assure you the stock is in full, firm contact in my shoulder and my face is firmly contacting the comb. I think the fact its in slow motion makes it look more violent than it feels! 

As i said its only this gun of mine that is pounding my cheek and have no issues with ANY others i own. I have 9 others in the cabinet which treat me fine!

I did try comparing it with some of the others Hamster it does seem to have a bit more down pitch than most of them. I'm wondering if my 1/4" spacer wasn't enough!

Or possibly it just doesn't like me full stop like Wonko experienced! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Or possibly it just doesn't like me full stop like Wonko experienced! 
I really really doubt that guns can hold a grudge, it's wood, metal and a bit of rubber, the bits that matter are designed to be alterable. 

Well, call it cosmic alignment then.  I'm not gonna pretend I know or understand why some incompatibilities exist.    :bye:

think it's the 1/4 cast off that's causing the problem. That is if it's the adjustable you have pushed over a 1/4 to achieve the cast, any adjustable iv shot set up that way would hurt my cheek after 50 or so shells, not so much cheek slap as just the ridge left by having the comb over so much, 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just out of interest how long is the stock and how tall are you? The gun looks like it forces you to stand too 'side on' causing you to twist under recoil. I shoot gun down and always tend to push my shoulder into the stock rather than pull the stock back into contact, this will result in a more weight forward stance better able to resist recoil.

As Hamster implied but slightly different - Place a couple of your other guns on a table with the Beretta in the middle BUT line them all up rib down (so they balance on it) Watch out for any 'mid' beads and make sure the front bead/sight is overhanging the table. You can then run a straight edge down the combs (which will be underneath) to 'see' how different they are. This is the only way to compare as everything is from a constant point. You can check every part of the stocks dimensions. It will not tell you why your having probs, but it will tell you how different the stocks are.

I had a few months when I had lots of lead in my stock to blance the gun properly. It was a useful learning tool but I felt like I was being smacked in the face with anything over aa 21g. I mention this in case you've seen the same helpful person as I did and have a stock full of lead. 

Latest posts

Back