BCA - 22nd October

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
So, nice little crew at BCA near Maidenhead today. Bright sunshine, few clouds but a bit breezy - few from ShootClay, few not - Me, JonSkeet, Bob (+Wendy), Andy (+Hazel), Outlaw showed up later and Phil W - not from ShootClay but honorary.Layout today - 50 birds, 6 stands - a couple tricky - let's see how my memory is:

• Stand 1 - L-R Sim Pair from off a bank, deceptive in front of you
  • Stand 2 - Two incomers from behind a bank, one floppy to your left, the other stood up on a breeze like a giant dinner plate in front of you (I had fun trying to make that into dust)
  • Stand 3 - L/R crosser O/R R/L crosser
  • Stand 4 - Up on a bank, shooting one L/R quick crosser below your feet then a second L/R crosser higher
  • Stand 5 - In the small copse - sim pair Flat Teal with a high dropping bird that required quick eyes and some thought
  • Stand 6 - Looper, going away O/R Overhead R/L that dropped in front of you
Seems about right.So - first round there was 7 of us - scores as follows:Bob - 39, Admin - 38, Phil - 33, Andy - 33, Wendy 30, Hazel - 26, JonSkeet - 26Second round - a couple dropped out - and Outlaw joined us (along with his lovely daughter who was having a few shots in between - hold tight, she'll be HG in a few years /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif)Phil - 40, Admin - 35, Outlaw - 34, Andy - 32 Thoroughly enjoyable afternoon of shooting that kept me away from the shops and in the sunshine. Looks like BCA is closed now until February - which is a shame, as it was my favourite stand-in if I couldn't get out on a Sunday Thanks all!

Really enjoyable meet up guys, and a great opportunity to put faces to names. Sorry we left early, practise required for our registered  at Bisley today.  Hope we can get some regular meets going.Bob & Wendy

Yep - two weeks over my "70% by the end of 2012" target - time to raise the target again... can't think what has helped me make the step jump - either getting a new shooting vest, or new earplugs :) whatever, the numbers are looking healthier!

Its not a bad little shoot for a Saturday, although no refreshments the burger van failed to show apparenty I think I was starting to feel a bit dehydrated and hunger by the end. The best part was Hazel's surprize at hitting the first looper, " I Hit It" was the cry and she then almost completely failed to shoot the second target. Hazel was well chuffed that she hit all four loopers though.It was good to meet up with Phil,Bob, Wendy, Jon, Matt and Tony the Outlaw, whom I haven't seen for ages. Andy

Good to see you all ;)  Shame the burger van didn't turn up, might venture up to it one lunch time and give Sam some friendly grief for not attending ;)  Matt, now there is no BCA we can venture to the NCSC and do some skeet or if you fancy Dartford for a day out with some more disciplines then that also works :)Looking forward to the next meet up :)  Jon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes - deffo up for that. Owls Lodge next week - then I'll start thinking about November.

More than happy to go to different places - there have been some good meet-ups at Weston recently as well...

As I mentioned its not a reg shoot but there is a great fella there who might be able to shed some light on our issues .. Westfield is awesome and Weston Wood I have only shot FITASC there and loved it.

Back