Helice World Championships Portugal

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DT10 MAL

Confirmation has been given that the the World Championships will be run as Old System.

Which is two targets shot on 1 ring before moving to the next.

Last edited by a moderator:
I told you that nearly one month ago Mal.....did you not believe me......

I said there had been a Federation meeting on the Friday......wow....it took nearly one month to tell us officially....by heck the Internet is quick :smile:

Any new yet where the cut off shoot will be moved to??

I wasn't posting to put you straight, I was posting to let other shooters know.

As far as I understood the selection shoot dates/venues are unchanged for the rest of the year.

Cheers

I did not think you were putting me straight Mal, :smile: because what i said a month ago is what is in fact happening :smile: however all the known shooters of Helice have been made aware of this through the email updates and by Mr P's email today. Those that have not got emails have had it passed onto them by the others.

I hope that some on here may also be interested in a trip to Portugal for the World Championships. :smile: the more the merrier.

As for the selection cut off date.....it seems that after Monday's change....as of yet we do not know who will hold it. The question has been asked by several people today. You have been copied into my email on the subject of the venue and also the hope that we can put in a Junior team.

You have my numbers if you would like to discuss.

Latest email confirms that the cut off selection shoot for the World Championship in Portugal in July remains at West Kent on 12/6/13.

Good news that for 2014 there will now be a team of 3 in the GBR Junior section. 

This is due to the changes at FITASC Paris. Previously there had only been a team competition for ladies (3) and seniors (3).

From now on there will be teams of 3 for all categories.....Seniors, Ladies, Juniors, Veterans and Super Veterans at both the World and European Championships. (veteran is over 55 and super veterans is over 65).

So peeps....if anyone fancies their chances next year....you need to think about doing the final selections this year.

It is normally best 3 shoots out of all the selection shoots remaining this year and those before the first cut off next year. The 2013 selection shoots that count for next year 2014, are to be shot in July, August and September of this year.

Good luck if you fancy it.

If anyone wants a calendar you can find it here......  http://www.bictsf.com/fitasc_uploads/zz_fixtures_13(v3a).pdf

Last edited:
Are observers welcome? If I can get off work that day I may come up for a looksee, never seen helice in the flesh.

Are observers welcome? If I can get off work that day I may come up for a looksee, never seen helice in the flesh.
Everyone is welcome. 

There is one at A1 shooting Ground on Saturday. A county championship (Gt London) but anyone can go up and have a go. Practice or whatever. Opens at 10am for practice and about 11 for the little competition. Come and have a go rather than watch. 

Sorry, Nicola, I missed your response. Can't bloody hit targets that go in a straight line consistently yet so I'm definitely not brave enough to attempt helice.  I'll stick to popping along to West Kent for a watch (and I can sneak in some extra practice on the sporting stands while I'm there).

Latest posts

Back