Helice

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I've seen videos of them, but I fancied shooting it not buying shares in the firm making the things! :D

I am afraid I cannot reply today due to unfortunate circumstances beyond my control.

I believe the machines are very dear. The actual targets I recon would be cheap as chips but if you compare how much time/space it takes up then the ground need to get the cash from somewhere. Also if you dont shoot comp and just go to practice it drops to about £1.20 a bird i think.

At a guess a busy day fully booked might be 30 shooters max? hardly a money spinner for them...

I believe the machines are very dear. The actual targets I recon would be cheap as chips but if you compare how much time/space it takes up then the ground need to get the cash from somewhere. Also if you dont shoot comp and just go to practice it drops to about £1.20 a bird i think.

At a guess a busy day fully booked might be 30 shooters max? hardly a money spinner for them...
Yeah, I see what you mean Ed.

I can reply now because my flood has stopped and things are drying out.....happy side is that i shot a rat during coffee break......so feel that i have the strength now to answer the question.

Shoot birds only ...that is the cheapest. £1.20 a target. Shoot as many as you want in practice.

It gets expensive if it is a selection shoot because 'loads a dosh' gets added for team support (fundraising) about £15 extra. Then if you want competition it is about £30 extra. Not enough people do competition nowadays so it is not really worth it....the big payout days are gone.

It shuts down mostly in winter because it is toooo cold to hang around. But when the weather is good the two great ways to have a go are at A1 or Rugby where you will be able to ping away to your hearts content.

If you only shoot in a competition you tend to shoot 20 birds so save on cartridges :D

It is a tiny discipline over here but massive abroad where the competition is. (But they are now taking the money out of it there as well). New rule changes mean that you now get to shoot 40 ....woo woo!! :D :D

Nic,why do I hear about money being taken out of various things all the time? I seem to remember the British OT Grand Prix used to be sponsored by Rolex, back in the Jackie Stewart days, but now it almost seems as though that event has been downgraded, which I am not happy about at all. I honestly think our governing bodies should be doing more to attract higher profile sponsors, but as is normal, they don't seem to see a problem until it's too late to address it properly! :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nic, you had a flood? Do you mean a river burst it's banks or did you have a burst pipe or something? :eek:

I can reply now because my flood has stopped and things are drying out.....happy side is that i shot a rat during coffee break......so feel that i have the strength now to answer the question.

Shoot birds only ...that is the cheapest. £1.20 a target. Shoot as many as you want in practice.

It gets expensive if it is a selection shoot because 'loads a dosh' gets added for team support (fundraising) about £15 extra. Then if you want competition it is about £30 extra. Not enough people do competition nowadays so it is not really worth it....the big payout days are gone.

It shuts down mostly in winter because it is toooo cold to hang around. But when the weather is good the two great ways to have a go are at A1 or Rugby where you will be able to ping away to your hearts content.

If you only shoot in a competition you tend to shoot 20 birds so save on cartridges :D

It is a tiny discipline over here but massive abroad where the competition is. (But they are now taking the money out of it there as well). New rule changes mean that you now get to shoot 40 ....woo woo!! :D :D
Hi Nicola,

I heard a rumour that Andy Lloyd was going to host a ZZ shoot at Ranton GC.....

Perhaps if this is true then this might help promote ZZ slightly further north.

Hi Nicola,

I heard a rumour that Andy Lloyd was going to host a ZZ shoot at Ranton GC.....

Perhaps if this is true then this might help promote ZZ slightly further north.
Yes Andy and Graham Evans are trying to sort that out at the moment. Amazingly the most interest in years has come from people shooting at grounds like A1 and Rugby. In fact Rugby regularly sees 30+ people at it ZZ shoots it seems to be placed in a part of the country that people will travel to.

@Les........yes I have been floating around my office most of the day.....losing the will to live......and chasing county trophies for the AGM......however i have stopped banging my head on the table.......when i realised that it is only 15 minutes to Gin.....so there is a God after all.

Over 5 hours searching for county trophies, (some which have not been seen since 2010) .....ringing people, some of whom do not want to deliver anything anywhere of any help............ is enough to make anyone slit their throat.

Hey Bigroo.....just seen who you are......welcome aboard matey.

Watch yourself ....some of em on here bite.....well more of a lick really... :D :eek:

Yes Andy and Graham Evans are trying to sort that out at the moment. Amazingly the most interest in years has come from people shooting at grounds like A1 and Rugby. In fact Rugby regularly sees 30+ people at it ZZ shoots it seems to be placed in a part of the country that people will travel to.

@Les........yes I have been floating around my office most of the day.....losing the will to live......and chasing county trophies for the AGM......however i have stopped banging my head on the table.......when i realised that it is only 15 minutes to Gin.....so there is a God after all.

Over 5 hours searching for county trophies, (some which have not been seen since 2010) .....ringing people, some of whom do not want to deliver anything anywhere of any help............ is enough to make anyone slit their throat.
OR have an extra large glass of Gin with several more to follow ;-)

Enjoy the booze Nic, never touch it myself (hic) ! :.:

Haha....only in moderation ....and always after 6pm :)

And it's always after 6pm somewhere - right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course.

And.....if I could upload an iPhone picture to here....I would show you the tree that fell on my motor today.....well part of it......aaaaarrrgh...!

Which might lead to me having to distill more fast gin this afternoon to cheer myself up.....!!

One has to taste when bottling. I have been watching Masterchef.....and Monica....who even scares me.....says it is important to taste...!

Who am I to argue with an expert :) :)

Nic,why do I hear about money being taken out of various things all the time? I seem to remember the British OT Grand Prix used to be sponsored by Rolex, back in the Jackie Stewart days, but now it almost seems as though that event has been downgraded, which I am not happy about at all. I honestly think our governing bodies should be doing more to attract higher profile sponsors, but as is normal, they don't seem to see a problem until it's too late to address it properly! :angry:
Unfortunately I think most entrepreneurs now realise that the payback from sponsoring events is nowhere near cost effective unless there is a huge paying public like F1. How many of you are going to rush out and buy something because the manufacturer/supplier sponsored a shoot? Be honest now and we hardly have a huge paying audience!

Back