Welcome to ShootClay Forum

Welcome to ShootClay Forum!

Join us at ShootClay - and enjoy blogs, galleries, our events calendar and our legendary forums - you can chat to top shots, and learn from the experts. All it takes to join is an email address, we'll keep it safe, never share it and we won't send you any spam.

Listings in our calendar for shooting grounds are 100% free - just join up and contact the admins - we'll get you sorted out.

What are you waiting for? Jump in! Any questions - please contact admin@shootclayforum.com
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo

Nigel Teague

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 Jason Mclean

Jason Mclean

12G Clay Breaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

Had agin fit with Nigel on Wednesday this week! It went very well he identified a few issues and is changing the set up. I hope it helps, fingers crossed I can't get any worse, .. Collecting it Friday can't wait to test out the altered gun! Has any one else had alterations by Nigel?

#2 shortlegs

shortlegs

Master Clay Breaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

Ive had work carried out by Nigel on the forcing cones of two guns and converting one to multichoke his service is very professional and first class workmanship with a fast turn around and to top it off he's a nice chap to talk to with a vast amount of knowledge on guns and shooting. A real gentleman :)

#3 *_Alan Maughan_*

*_Alan Maughan_*

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

Ive had work carried out by Nigel on the forcing cones of two guns and converting one to multichoke his service is very professional and first class workmanship with a fast turn around and to top it off he's a nice chap to talk to with a vast amount of knowledge on guns and shooting. A real gentleman :)

Did you notice any real improvement after the forcing cone work?

What guns were they?

#4 Jason Mclean

Jason Mclean

12G Clay Breaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

I collected my gun today from Nigel, looks great and fits much better! So far very pleased with whats been done. Now I just need to take it shooting to see if its made a real difference!
Shame I am working Sunday! :(

#5 Lock Stock & Barrel

Lock Stock & Barrel

Master Clay Breaker

• 792 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

I've heard nothing but glowing reports about Nigel Teague's work, knowledge and experience. Were I to need chokes, he'd be the guy I went to. Highly recommended. My mate got some new chokes from him recently and had nothing but praise for the craftsmanship and the time it took to turn around the job.

#6 Rob Eaton

Rob Eaton

12G Clay Breaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

Excellent service and outstanding engineering knowledge. ;)

#7 wylye

wylye

Master Clay Breaker

• 846 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

I'm surprised anyone need ask to be honest. His name has become synonymous with high quality craftsmanship and excellent service. Who in their right mind would let anyone else fit chokes in their gun? He's a nice bloke too.

#8 Will Hewland

Will Hewland

Master Clay Breaker

• 5,876 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

If only chokes helped!

#9 newbie

Master Clay Breaker

• 753 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

I collected my gun today from Nigel, looks great and fits much better! So far very pleased with whats been done. Now I just need to take it shooting to see if its made a real difference!
Shame I am working Sunday! :(

Out f interest what mods did he make to your gun or the fit?

#10 Jason Mclean

Jason Mclean

12G Clay Breaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

He shortened the stock slightly.
Added a little more cast to it (left handed).
Raised the Combe a fraction too! Hope I have got the correct terminology for all the parts, ..
It feels better already just mounting it, I am looking forward to testing the mods out as soon as poss! I hope to break more clays!

#11 Jason Mclean

Jason Mclean

12G Clay Breaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

Well I had a trip to Ian Coey this afternoon to test out the new settings! First thoughts seem that it has made a difference to my score but I was not actually keeping score it just felt like more were being broken! I will have to wait until next weekend for a competition to see for real. :)

#12 Jason Mclean

Jason Mclean

12G Clay Breaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

Would be good if I could spell!

#13 tiptop

tiptop

Master Clay Breaker

• 1,181 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

Jason, stew and myself will probably be going to either weston wood or wylye valley next week if you fancy it. Give me a text later in the week.

#14 newbie

Master Clay Breaker

• 753 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Well I had a trip to Ian Coey this afternoon to test out the new settings! First thoughts seem that it has made a difference to my score but I was not actually keeping score it just felt like more were being broken! I will have to wait until next weekend for a competition to see for real. :)

do you shoot sporting or DTL there?

#15 shortlegs

shortlegs

Master Clay Breaker

• 891 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

Did you notice any real improvement after the forcing cone work?

What guns were they?

yes did notice some less felt recoil, smoother shooting and better kills ( when I can hit them :D ) both guns 32" Miroku's

#16 SleepyHollow

SleepyHollow

12G Clay Breaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

Jason, stew and myself will probably be going to either weston wood or wylye valley next week if you fancy it. Give me a text later in the week.

Jason, glad you went to see him in the end. When you came round at Hornet last time, this was the 4th time I have seen you shooting over everything. Nigel will get the best fit for you to stop that. Remember to continue to shoot as you did before, the changes to the gun should justify themselves. Do not change what you do.
You may see a good improvement at first, you may not. Give it time for the results to come. You are new to shooting registereds so work your way up slowly and enjoy it. Your line has always been fine but you shoot over the top, it will get better, but you like all of us will have a few nightmare days. Don't go out and change the gun, it's costly and does not work, I've tried it and failed.
Once you are happy that the gun is shooting correct topoint of aim when in your face, then and only then, do you try to change your technique.
Look forward to shoot with you and TipTop at Weston this Sunday.
Best regards from Northleach, The home of the headless horseman of SleepyHollow!
It's Friday, you gotta laugh! :P

#17 SleepyHollow

SleepyHollow

12G Clay Breaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

63 from low 50's at Weston Wood. Well done Jason, Nigel has sorted the gun fit. Now sustain it mate.

#18 Tinker bell

Tinker bell

Nicola

• 11,305 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

Nigel is a precision expert.
Expert on porting as well as chokes.
Always done perfect work for us.

#19 sidney

sidney

12G Clay Breaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

Had my Perazzi 'Teagued' a couple if years ago. There aren't many people I would let fanny about with 'My Patsy' but his work is absolutely spot on. Very nice chap too.

#20 Wayne Martin

Wayne Martin

12G Clay Breaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

Had a gun fitting with Nigel today.....what a nice bloke! Very professional. My gun needed "a hell of a lot of cast and drop" I waited for the work to be done there and then. Three hours later it was ready. The gun was dropped as much as the stock would allow,but was about "50thou" less than perfect.....blank look on my face...."1/16th of an inch". He was more than happy for me to leave the gun with him and he'd do the woodwork.....I was keen to shoot,so told him I'd try it first. He then went into his workshop and came back out carrying all different types of sand paper and finishing oil for me to take away, (for free,payment was politely declined) in case I wanted to do it myself. He talked me through
every step of the procedure and should I want to do it,I'm confident I could.

Nigel gave a first class,friendly service and I felt it really deserved this recognition. I'd recommend him anytime.