Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
diver682

Rio Target Load

23 posts in this topic

Started using Rio Target Load a few months ago and have found them excellent for £193 a thousand , used the 7.5 at fitasc last week and they broke everything convincingly though a half choke

Any one else used them , how do you find them against other entry level cartridges  

1 person likes this

I've been using them for years now. If they were a touch smoother on the shoulder they would score 10/10 from me. Patterns great, reliability incredible, distant kills no problem. 

1 person likes this

Entry level prices??????

As Will said "a touch smoother" and they would be perfect! Down this way they are £190

1 person likes this

No one selling them in the Sussex area so getting them from Just Cartridges , only other place i have seen them is High lodge at £190 

Been lucky never suffered with the effects of recoil 

EJ Churchill will get them in for you to order.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Will Hewland said:

EJ Churchill will get them in for you to order.

Thanks for the information Will 

1 person likes this

23 minutes ago, diver682 said:

Thanks for the information Will 

Contact Adam Davies. To avoid delivery charge, need to align delivery with their clays, also from CCI. So think ahead..

1 person likes this

I tried a box but found the recoil rough. 

3 hours ago, diver682 said:

Started using Rio Target Load a few months ago and have found them excellent for £193 a thousand , used the 7.5 at fitasc last week and they broke everything convincingly though a half choke

Any one else used them , how do you find them against other entry level cartridges  

Yes, i"ve found them to be good cartridge too. 

However NO cartrige at £193 a thoussnd is good value though. 

All carts prices now are far too high and offer little value  relative to prices in the past  15 years. 

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Paul120 said:

Yes, i"ve found them to be good cartridge too. 

However NO cartrige at £193 a thoussnd is good value though. 

All carts prices now are far too high and offer little value  relative to prices in the past  15 years. 

There is not much choice left in the under £200 a thousand range, agree that the prices are to high but there is not much we can do about it

Don't think there is much out there as good as the rio for the same money 

Edited by diver682

£174 from where I buy mine from although he told me they pack a punch so I was put off as I'm recoil sensitive I did however shoot some f3 pistons today and they were lovely abit more than I wanted to spend but rather that than been knocked about:smile:

1 person likes this

Rios aren't bad for recoil! I'm talking imperfection.. they're far nicer than white golds or F Blacks in that respect for example. 

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, Will Hewland said:

Rios aren't bad! I'm talking imperfection.. they're far nicer than white golds or F Blacks for example. 

Have to agree with that Will and there a lot cheaper  

9 hours ago, diver682 said:

There is not much choice left in the under £200 a thousand range, agree that the prices are to high but there is not much we can do about it

Don't think there is much out there as good as the rio for the same money 

It is lamentable the difference in price of cartridges from one country to the next. At Lonato I was using one of Clever's best cartridges for practice ( T4 pro extra at  €236 per thou) they were that cheap... and that was buying them at the ground  am certain you could get a better deal outside. In France I pay €292 and in Spain about an hours drive for me they are way cheaper than that.

10 minutes ago, Will Hewland said:

Rios aren't bad! I'm talking imperfection.. they're far nicer than white golds or F Blacks for example. 

Rio's in my opinion are as good a cartridge as most shooters will need. What I am in fact saying is that more than 90% of shooters could not tell the difference between a Rio  target load and the very best cartridge available on the market. I don't use them but I have and in direct comparison to Clever T4 pro extra ... although I tried my best I could not improve my scores using the much more expensive cartridge, recoil ... there are some sensitive souls out there.

1 person likes this

Tried some fibre 7.5's to day. Seemed to be OK. Might even try some in plastic for competition at a later date.

1 person likes this

Just bought 3000 rio target 28g 8 fibre. Seem to be ok . Used a 100 Wed. Nice and clean , had been using superfast dirty. So happy . Didnt help my aim any.

Cheers Danny 

2 people like this

Rio were very popular in the 1980s,Duran Duran really helped to boost sales back in the day.Simon le bon wouldn't use any other cartridge out at sea.

No doubt at all that Rio Target Load are a very good value for money shell.

But surely they are identical to Eley Olympics ????  Same manufacturer Maxum.

1 hour ago, Salopian said:

No doubt at all that Rio Target Load are a very good value for money shell.

But surely they are identical to Eley Olympics ????  Same manufacturer Maxum.

People often say that, but the mere fact that Rio are so clean in the barrel tells me something is different. I’m using some EVOs right now and miss the Rio cleanliness. (EVO wads leave a bit of a plastic trail). 

1 person likes this

Rugby Gun Shop currently selling these for £174 per thousand 7.5 plastic wad or £184 per thousand 7.5 fibre wad. 28 gram.

I stopped using Olympics due to having misfires.have now gone back to them and so far no problems.they seem very clean in my f3 and I've always had fantastic kills with them through half choke.hopefully eley have got the problem sorted,after all they've only been going since 1828.😏

I tried the rio target load    very impressed with kills and soft recoil .  

2 people like this