Present ideas

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisPackham

Hi

One of my best friends has had some sh*tty news and is due to undergo surgery next week which result in a month or so of recovery during which he can't do much and will get bored to tears.

Any ideas of a suitable gift would be appreciated, he is an avid game shot and has a brilliant sense of humour. I'm wondering about a book to go with the 100,000 piece sky puzzle...

I've just been recovering from surgery too :(  long recovery (3 months) and a period of inactivity (4 weeks) - gave me chance to set up my 25yd air rifle range in the back garden again and have a bit of a plink. Not too far to walk and not strenuous.

While I was totally housebound I resorted to Netflix and games on the PS4....  :lol:

Other than that I did a lot of reading...

Hope your friend makes a swift recovery from whatever ails them.

When our little legs was in hospital last year's for weeks at a time I read the Jack Reacher books, fictional books that are quite easy to read and there is quite a few in the series, there are films available and they are in all book shops. Basically he is ex US military police and gets dragged into all sorts of problems and crime fighting etc.

If he wants a shooting related book, A shooting man's creed by sir Joseph Nickerson is an excellent book. He was local to our area and has left quite a dynasty, but he was a superb game shot and was highly committed to shooting and the english partridge.

A shooting man's creed by sir Joseph Nickerson is an excellent book. He was local to our area and has left quite a dynasty, but he was a superb game shot and was highly committed to shooting and determined to wipe out the english partridge.
Fixed that for you...

When our little legs was in hospital last year's for weeks at a time I read the Jack Reacher books, fictional books that are quite easy to read and there is quite a few in the series, there are films available and they are in all book shops. Basically he is ex US military police and gets dragged into all sorts of problems and crime fighting etc.
Great, thanks, excellent books for escapism

Was given this book a couple of weeks ago, It's really quite good you know :)

Archie_Coats_PS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back