gun fit and LOP

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

this is a strange one...

part of the ongoing quest to get comfortable with the 687 game gun (which I believe to low in the comb and currently has comb raiser on) I decided to try a half inch spacer for the butt pad. This has increased LOP to 15" which is more than my usual 14.5" however Imo LOP measurement is flawed as much depends on the radius and shape of the grip. Anyway as a result contrary to all that makes sense this has (with comb raiser removed) effectively raised the comb height or should I say the perception of comb height, and also seems to have cured vision of the left side of barrell. The reason being that now that there is increased length the head position is more naturally positioned (for me) forward without fear of nose hitting thumb and therefore a more relaxed head up or at least eyes up position. Before with stock shorter I must have been pushing my head down into my shoulders (think tortoise) in order to get some kind of fit on the comb.

so lengthening the stock does not necessarily lower the comb height as one would expect.

No relatively it raises it you see more of the rib i find the same,not sure what it does for your POI ;)
theoretically (and all reference to gun fit I have read will concur) increasing LOP will drop your eye / rib relationship due to face now being further back on the lower / sloping bit of comb. However that assumes you adopt same head position which I have concluded you do not necessarily do so.

yet another kick in the teeth for text books ?

theoretically (and all reference to gun fit I have read will concur) increasing LOP will drop your eye / rib relationship due to face now being further back on the lower / sloping bit of comb. However that assumes you adopt same head position which I have concluded you do not necessarily do so.

yet another kick in the teeth for text books ?
Actually thinking about it i got that the wrong way round,may be that when you lengthen the stock you turn slightly more side on and push your face further up the stock?

Actually thinking about it i got that the wrong way round,may be that when you lengthen the stock you turn slightly more side on and push your face further up the stock?
exactly what I meant (but you put it more succinctly ?)

Latest posts

Back