Cerekoted barrels - thoughts please

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHAWY

Hi folks,

I have the chance of a nice sporting 12g but the barrels are cerekoted matt black.  Now I have never owned a gun of any description with cerekote and know absolutely nothing about the product or if there are any benefits/disadvantages.  Any information would be appreciated before I make a decision.

Thanks,

Ian

Hi folks,

I have the chance of a nice sporting 12g but the barrels are cerekoted matt black.  Now I have never owned a gun of any description with cerekote and know absolutely nothing about the product or if there are any benefits/disadvantages.  Any information would be appreciated before I make a decision.

Thanks,

Ian
I think I once used that to paint my garden fence  ??

I do not know for sure, BUT any non standard blueing/blacking would prove difficult to repair (touch up, so to speak !) I feel.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I once used that to paint my garden fence  ??

I do not know for sure, BUT any non standard blueing/blacking would prove difficult to repair (touch up, so to speak !) I feel.
Was that the fence you shot at and missed !

I wouldn't buy a cerakoted gun. You have those comments above about the difficulty of patching up marks and scuff, but more importantly what sort of life did the gun have before someone felt the need to effectively paint it rather than have it blacked properly?

Back