CENS delivery time?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHAWY

I was hoping any CENS users can give me some idea of how long they have waited from the taking of the impressions to delivery. Almost 6 weeks have elapsed since I paid for a pair of Proflex Passives and still not received them. I have contacted them 3 times now and not received very satisfactory responses.  On one occasion I was told that my order was on hold for 8 days while they got some "additional information". They could not tell me what that information was and no one had contacted me for the info. I was told on my last call that I would have them by the end of August. That has now passed and still no delivery. I'm not an impatient bloke but I becoming rather underwhelmed by the poor service. Anyone else had similar experiences?  I saw one member got theirs within a week!!

I was thinking of ordering some CENS, so this is interesting to hear. I might go with one of their competitors now.

10-14 days used to be the norm. If you allowed 3-4 days to make, then 1-2 days postage each way.  I just had the Passive set, nothing to go wrong and i can still hear the ref.

Last edited by a moderator:
And I thought it was just me who had  Cens issues  !

Emtech are excellent in both product and service, sadly, just do not do electrics.

They were very slow when I got my wife's ones. 
Mine were reasonably quick, 2 weeks, on the FIRST occasion. Just a shame they had to go back as the fit was too painful. Then the saga went on and on and on etc. etc.

Having been shot down on here for daring to say that Cens were.......................er,  not very good, I thought it was just me who was unlucky  ?

I am starting to worry before they "eventually" arrive, especially hearing (pardon the pun) that there are several issues encountered by some shooters. Just glad I've only gone for the passives as not such a huge cash outlay

I wonder if it makes a difference if you went direct or through an agent? I went through 'Hidden hearing', never charged for the moulds, just the ear plugs.

I wonder if it makes a difference if you went direct or through an agent? I went through 'Hidden hearing', never charged for the moulds, just the ear plugs.
Same with me Battue and I know the agent really well. I buy all my shooting/salmon fishing gear from him and I know he sent the impressions off straight away. 

I am starting to worry before they "eventually" arrive, especially hearing (pardon the pun) that there are several issues encountered by some shooters. Just glad I've only gone for the passives as not such a huge cash outlay
Do not misunderstand me, when the things work, they work very well and I feel sure that the 'passives' will perform as you would expect them to. My problems have been with the electronic version of Cens, at first they did not fit correctly, I was told that I could only have the hard plastic variety and not the 'soft' material, although my Emtech plugs were made of the 'soft' rubber and had worked perfectly for some 10 years. I have had 2 new switches, (one under warranty) and a 'service' at a cost of £75. After a full day's use my ears are sore so I have reverted to using electronic cans, problem is, my stock catches the cans and that becomes annoying. I would have electronic plugs again, BUT I would have a few questions I would need answering BEFORE I placed any order.

Mine came pretty quickly - service has been great - only issue I had was water ingress causing them to cut out - after some push back they took them back and have now coated them in a way that is supposed to repel water/rain - so far so good

plainly not acceptable to have them cutting out when it rains - the UK is hardly California and we get plenty especially on a game shoot

mine fit well but I went to a great guy who supplies in ear monitors to loads of musicians and really knows his business - in fact I got some top end custom in the ear monitors made recently - both fit very comfortably so I suspect it's a question of the skill of the people taking the impressions 

I got my electronic cens through a hearing shop in Honiton Devon he took my moulds and sent them of ,he told me it would take 2 weeks but it would more likely be 3 weeks .2 weeks on the dot they turned up can't complain at all .

Well following a call to CENS last week, I was promised delivery by the end of August but again they have over promised and under delivered. Another no-show, so I have just sent them a snotty email demanding a refund. 6 weeks is an unacceptable length of time and I have been very underwhelmed by their lack of care & customer service. No apologies, and almost a "you'll get 'em when we send 'em" attitude.  

Simbo recommended Varioplugs and coincidentally they are going to be at the Lancashire Game Fair this weekend so I will take a look. 

Thanks for all your comments/advice. Massively appreciated. 

Vario products are featured in this months Clay Shooting magazine.

21271355_10210025764948110_8433777331183625526_n.jpg

My uncle had a pair made up at the Game Fair. They took the impressions there and he received his in the post after about a month.

These were just the soft rubber plugs as his ears are so mangled from years of rugby that he couldn't have any of the inserts.

He was told that they make take slightly longer than normal to arrive as they had taken a lot of orders at the Game Fair, but I agree, 6 weeks seems a long time, specially if you are getting nowhere with customer services.

Latest posts

Back