glasses v contacs

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor Lecter

popped into orston shooting ground today     I usually wear my contact lenses  but today decided to wear my old  prescription  Randolph  engineering   shooting glasses ,    must say the specs  out perform the contacs  visually     shot better than usual   targets  much sharper , had to slightly lower my comb though     strange how the sight picture alters between glasses and contacs  ?   I cant wear torric lenses   but glasses have this correction built in        anyone else  had this issue ?    

Have tried both prescription lenses and contacts, and one is indeed torric my own preference now, and after many years of shooting is to do so in contact lenses, even I notice a different perception of vision between the two and for me the contact lens route offers me more

I always wore contacts until about 2 months ago i got a set of the zeiss style prescription shooting glasses. I find the glasses far superior. Clearer sharper sight and my eyes dont get as tired wearing the glasses.. 

Contacts every time.  I know that it's madatory to wear glasses for safety but perscription glasses just don't work for me and I can choose a number of lense colours from standard shooting glasses.

I have no idea what a torric lens is. 

Contacts every time.  I know that it's madatory to wear glasses for safety but perscription glasses just don't work for me and I can choose a number of lense colours from standard shooting glasses.

I have no idea what a torric lens is. 
toric lense correct astigmatism .

I tried contacts for a year but ended up going back to glasses. perhaps it is just me but I found the glasses offered a more reliable picture, I was finding the lenses sometimes need me to blink to position 100% just as I called "pull".

I tried contacts for a year but ended up going back to glasses. perhaps it is just me but I found the glasses offered a more reliable picture, I was finding the lenses sometimes need me to blink to position 100% just as I called "pull".
Reads like those lenses dont "fit" should not need to constantly blink in the manner in which you describe, that said with eyes we all need to feel confident with our eyewear

I too have contact lenses, and I too have occasional problems with therm. Contacts float on a tear film rather than sitting in contact with the surface of the eye, and toric lenses (to correct astigmatism) adjust themselves into the correct rotational position. If that position isn't right the lens isn't working as it should, the eye concerned isn't up to scratch. If the affected eye is the dominant one then it can lose dominance.

Dry eyes are a problem, and eye drops of the right type can be a big help, and a pre-stand routine can usefully include a couple of drops in a problem eye. A pre-shot routine should include a few blinks, too.

Despite all this the advantages of contact lenses are such that I stick with them in summer when the light is bright, pupils are small, and vision is at its best. I might just get a pair of those Zeiss prescription spectacles for winter.

Latest posts

Back