Progress...

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattjevans

I only started shooting at the start of summer with lessons.  After 10 instructed shoots, did my first competitive shoot last week with a little inter-corporate thing (mostly my own colleagues) at West London.  Was pleased to win it with 38/50, I guess also importantly with only a handful of misses where I didn't know what I did wrong.  

My shotgun cert also arrived this weekend just gone so I can get out and practice on my own schedule now.  

Time to start thinking about first gun.  Hoping to try a few once I get back from summer holiday.  Am aware of the importance of proper fit, but also want a black or gunmetal action and as little engraving as possible (detest it, I do realise that's unusual...).  Have seen a used MX8 at a good price that I suspect could be v nice gun with a bit of barrel and stock work, but it is stepped rib so I need to see if I can get on with that.

Look forward to meeting some of you at various grounds maybe.  AGL is fairly close to home so I joined but I also plan to try A1, Churchill, Sporting Targets and Bisley over the next 6 or so months, all are within an hour-ish drive of home.

Look at a Blaser F16. Or an F3 (new or used). I really wouldn't go with anything other than a standard rib, especially so soon.

Good plan to get to lots of grounds.

Thanks.  In that case I'll just focus on the three sporter guns on my list to have a try - the F16, CG Summit Ascent and Perazzi MXS.  Oh and Beretta 692 Black

Already tried Browning ProSport and it's not for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the price of a new MXS, you could get a good second hand MX12 or MX8 or variations thereof. I know what i would rather have.

As a Perazzi and Blaser owner I really feel Blaser is twice the value for money. I prefer the feel of mine and it's about 40% of the price of an MX12. Sure, it's all personal, fit is a big factor but you can usually change that for fraction of the guns cost.

Will

Like the  look  of the F3. I have read they have a lot of perceived recoil. What's your experience compared  to other  guns you have owned?

Regards

Damon

Will

Like the  look  of the F3. I have read they have a lot of perceived recoil. What's your experience compared  to other  guns you have owned?

Regards

Damon
I didn't find that per se. However I think the standard Blaser stock pad is awful, some nasty soft material, with a rock hard heel (top section) which bruised me! So I found a skip for that and fitted a Recoil Systems green pad, which is superb of course.

Thanks for the feedback.  Another query is do they have an option for a custom stock when ordering the gun?

Regards

Damon 

Latest posts

Back