Quality polished perazzi barrels?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick322

Yesterday, I received my new Perazzi with fixed choked barrels.

However, the quality of the polishing of the barrels looks very poor to me.

You can see quite clear the circular markings. Is this acceptable?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pattern was very nice at Perazzi and the size (M/M) is also OK.

Don't know what to think about it...

From an engineer (who doesn't make guns) clearly there are some cutting marks from the gun drill. If they hone the barrels (a good way of improving the finish) it has been done very lightly if at all it seems. While you might expect it to look a bit better, those marks will actually be extremely shallow and I can't believe it will make the slightest difference to performance. There are quite a few things that my company produces to a very high finish, but often it's just to reassure the customer..

I agree such marks are unlikely to make the slightest difference to function but even the barrel ends are poorly finished surely, I'd expect better for £8500.

No, the gun was ordered fixed choked

Speak to your dealer if no joy ring RUAG direct?

Was this a custom gun as in did you go to the factory or just order it through your RFD?

Speak to your dealer if no joy ring RUAG direct?

Was this a custom gun as in did you go to the factory or just order it through your RFD?
I went to the factory. Also the stock is finished very poor. My dealer will polish and oil it again.

Quite honestly I have never read so much crap about the inside of a shotgun barrel ! The photograph shows some machining marks so what ?  Is this going to have any effect whatsoever on the performance of the gun ... NO ... do you spend a great deal of time staring into the wrong end of your gun... NO. Does a gun have to have perfectly polished bores to function properly ... NO.

If you think that Perazzi have not finished the gun properly get in touch with them, if there is a problem, they will fix it. My Browning and Beretta shotguns have perfectly polished barrel interiors ... but compared to my Perazzi they a pile of sh*te. Shoot the gun, enjoy and stop worrying about something that is totally inconsequential.

Quite honestly I have never read so much crap about the inside of a shotgun barrel ! The photograph shows some machining marks so what ?  Is this going to have any effect whatsoever on the performance of the gun ... NO ... do you spend a great deal of time staring into the wrong end of your gun... NO. Does a gun have to have perfectly polished bores to function properly ... NO.

If you think that Perazzi have not finished the gun properly get in touch with them, if there is a problem, they will fix it. My Browning and Beretta shotguns have perfectly polished barrel interiors ... but compared to my Perazzi they a pile of sh*te. Shoot the gun, enjoy and stop worrying about something that is totally inconsequential.
Somebody poke you with a stick this morning then?

The guy has spent a large amount on a new gun and is not happy,do we not allow people to discuss and ask advice anymore on this forum?

Somebody poke you with a stick this morning then?

The guy has spent a large amount on a new gun and is not happy,do we not allow people to discuss and ask advice anymore on this forum?
No I am absolutely fine ... however this is the sort of question that comes to the mind of many a person who has spent a lot of money on something and then goes over their purchase with a magnifying glass. Those marks are of no consequence and the photograph... not the best... shows marks that are cosmetic and will be un noticed after the gun has been used for a few months. However if the gun is not up to SCRATCH or SCRATCHES Perazzi will put it right. I would actually like to see more pictures of the stock and the rest of the gun. It seems odd that the man used the gun at Perazzi and never mentioned the problems them ?

No I am absolutely fine ... however this is the sort of question that comes to the mind of many a person who has spent a lot of money on something and then goes over their purchase with a magnifying glass. Those marks are of no consequence and the photograph... not the best... shows marks that are cosmetic and will be un noticed after the gun has been used for a few months. However if the gun is not up to SCRATCH or SCRATCHES Perazzi will put it right. I would actually like to see more pictures of the stock and the rest of the gun. It seems odd that the man used the gun at Perazzi and never mentioned the problems them ?
I somehow doubt while at the factory i would be questioning the finish of an unfinished gun?

At your leisure at home you have more time and probably look more carefully,i know i have done.

I had a barrel replaced on a Beretta because it was faulty,picked it up presuming it would be fine only to find later the Olympic rings machined into the back of the receiver and had to have it replaced again!

Was i happy with this? NO

Would it have affected the way it shot? NO 

Would it always be at the back of your mind? probably

Would it have devalued it when i came to sell/trade? without a doubt.

Should we accept substandard workmanship? No way!!

I agree that these marks are cosmetic. I expected something different for a gun with that price tag. Also the checkering, stock (oil) finish is definitely not perfect. My dealer warned me about this and therefore we mentioned several times to skip the checkering process. Of course, the gun arrived checkered. You have no time at the factory to check everything in detail. The stock is also not finished at that time.

I asked on the order form already to balance the gun slightly in front of the hinge pin. No problem, they said after I test shot the gun. However, they did nothing and my dealer had to spent some time again to remove some wood. Everything goes very fast at the factory, too fast sometimes...

Back