Eley Select (Properly clean)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damo

Hi

Managed to get a half day from work today so went to Bislay at Braidwood ( Local ground) for a quick blast.  Went with the Select First 24 gram plastic wad as they  were some of the cheapest available. I felt they shot well if a little abrupt in recoil  compared to the Fiocchi TT1 I shot last time out.  

What really impressed me was how clean they were,  When i got home and inspected the barrels they were spotless,   no steaks, nothing.  It was as if I never shot the gun.  I was under the impression that Eley cartridges were meant to be a bit dirty ( I could be wrong on that one) but i have to say they are the cleanest I have shot though my MK38 sporter.  

What's the experience of others  with these or other cartridges with regard to how clean they are?

Regards

Damon 

Last edited by a moderator:
I Found these to be very dirty, tons of unburnt powder and streaky.. nearly as bad as Olympic blue.  Maybe the later ones are better?

I shoot a mix of Fiocchi TT1s and Eley 1st Select and Olympic Blues.

Barrels seem to be reasonably clean with any of them, just a light wipe through required,

I use 1st Select and never had n issue. Sure the barrels need a clean, but a very quick one. Personally I find them a great price and a very good cartridge.

Latest posts

Back