Hi from Gloucestershire

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AAD44H

Hi, I have recently come across this forum, have been shooting occasionally for the last few years however have just started to get back in to it. Looking at sporting guns now as most of my shooting seems to be clays with the odd bit of game.

Thanks, I am looking to purchase a new shotgun as previously owned a silver pigeon 12b then changed to a silver pigeon classic 20b however couldn't get on with it. Have had a few lessons recently and like the look of maybe a Blaser or Perazzi. Any suggestions/recommendations? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Silver Pigeon 12g which I am extremely fond of but my lovely hubby just bought me a Beretta DT10.

Welcome, hope you enjoy the sport as much as I and indeed many on here do so,  as for gun choice do try and "try" as many different brands as your budget covers, you still ten may need it adjusted to suit, as clay shooting be a very rewarding hobby but boy does it bite you having an ill fitting gun

Thanks, I am looking to purchase a new shotgun as previously owned a silver pigeon 12b then changed to a silver pigeon classic 20b however couldn't get on with it. Have had a few lessons recently and like the look of maybe a Blaser or Perazzi. Any suggestions/recommendations? 
I have both those guns. I honestly think a F16 Blaser is as much gun as anybody needs! As Rich says, a good fit really helps, so choose what works for you. 

Get a Miroku and as long as it fits you and you like it and can shoot it , you will never need another gun.

I think there are really two schools , those taught with a Beretta and love the classic Italian productiontype and those taught with a Browning and thus get used to and like the deeper action.

The rest are just a variation on a theme unless we start talking Germanic , which is a bit like putting lipstick on a Pig.

Hi AAD44H

Where do you shoot?

I am also in Glos, and took up the sport about 18 months ago and have had a few lessons but need to shoot more regularly.

I have a Beretta 692 which I find perfect for my needs which are mainly sporting clays and a bit of game

Browning :)

Hi AAD44H

Where do you shoot?

I am also in Glos, and took up the sport about 18 months ago and have had a few lessons but need to shoot more regularly.

I have a Beretta 692 which I find perfect for my needs which are mainly sporting clays and a bit of game
Welcome to the Forum

Back