beretta

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor Lecter

I quite like the look of the beretta 690 1 sport scroll   price reasonable  , generally gun prices are getting silly .   anyone got one shot one etc    your comments welcome  cheers .  :ahappy:

Putting it bluntly, its just another gun. If you like it and it feels/fits ok buy one. I like them in black, doesn't mean i will buy one though.But it would be on a short list if starting out.

I had the 690 iii game gun for a bit, great bit of kit for not much (relatively) cash.. couldn't see what an eell or jubilee gave me over that for the money.  If I needed another ou game gun I would buy or tomorrow

Had a 690 sporter in black, nice gun, very similar to the 692 but cheaper. 

Sold it on though to focus on my Invictus which is heavier and for me feels a lot smoother to operate. 

Got a 690 black sporter which I really like. Good review here of the field version but a lot still applies: http://www.trulockandharris.com/Review/Detail/5 

The major difference to other guns I've handles is that there is a spring in the forend that dampens the breaking of the gun which takes a bit of getting used to, you have to forcibly pull the barrels down. Mines starting to loosen off which is a good thing but it still takes a bit of effort.

I spent a while looking and managed to find one with nice wood, a lot seem to have basic timber which doesn't seem right to me on a £2.5k gun.

One thing I will say is mine has developed a small (3mm) patch of corrosion on the polished part of the barrel at the breech end, despite never putting it away wet and regular cleaning and oiling. It did come with a free 5 year warranty but I can live with it for now.

If you're local, you're welcome to try it out.

Back