Reloading..

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisPackham

A prior thread has made me wonder about reloading, purely  for live target as I don't think the costs stack up for clays.

What equipment would I need to 'dip my toe'? I'm inclined to use white gold sheets for vermin and black gold for game, any obvious problems?

I know you mean shot shell loads here, but didn't you get a .243?  if so, I no longer have that calibre, so have the reloading dies you can have. probably a load of brass, and other peripherals too. 

I'll go in my shed on the farm in the next few days and find the bits. If you PM me your address you can have them.

I know you mean shot shell loads here, but didn't you get a .243?  if so, I no longer have that calibre, so have the reloading dies you can have. probably a load of brass, and other peripherals too. 

I'll go in my shed on the farm in the next few days and find the bits. If you PM me your address you can have them.
Hi, .243 is still to come, budget blown buying unnecessary shotguns.. However it is on the 2017 plan so thank you for the offer, gratefully accepted

I have been looking into this for my lad. He has been using a Yildiz 20 bore but is getting recoil shy. I have been using subsonics but they are still plenty thumpy enough for him. So I have been looking into loading my own and down tuning them for him.

If you look on clay and games website there is all the stuff you could need.

Lee loadall or mec 600jr

Powder, Primers, shot, wads, load data sheets etc.

Think I worked it out the cheapest I could give it a go for was £200 to £250 minimum.

I have been looking into this for my lad. He has been using a Yildiz 20 bore but is getting recoil shy. I have been using subsonics but they are still plenty thumpy enough for him. So I have been looking into loading my own and down tuning them for him.

If you look on clay and games website there is all the stuff you could need.

Lee loadall or mec 600jr

Powder, Primers, shot, wads, load data sheets etc.

Think I worked it out the cheapest I could give it a go for was £200 to £250 minimum.
That's not horrendous but the 'on costs' leave me question wisdom for shotgun.. Definately going to give centre fire a go though as rounds are north of £1 for 243..

Latest posts

Back