ips does something....

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

....resembling a decent esp score.

met up with Westley and his friend to shoot 50 esp. Used the 687 with the comb raiser and shot my best score to date 35x50 even managed to straighten two stands of three pair ? felt much much better with the gun which Westley assures me fits well which is good enough for me. Enjoyable morning in good company. ?

Great and never even thought about chokes I hope ?! Shooting a new gun will take a while and also you are shooting a different discipline, which we are told is very much more complex and indeed more difficult than humble trap shooting :)   Hope you continue with the 687 and master it and that testing ESP.

cheers john, I have had the 687 game gun (fixed choke) for a year or so but have struggled with it. I now know I was struggling with the discipline rather than the gun however the comb raiser has made a difference (could be in the head of course) ? all good fun and only twenty mins away as oppose to a five hour round trip to shoot trap ?

done with trap, for now anyway.

Good to hear Ian ... not that you have stopped trap but that you are at least enjoying your shooting. I know what you mean re the driving aspect. I am not getting any younger and find that a modest drive of say an hour and a half makes me a little tired but what are you going to do? I love my trap shooting and don't think I could be bothered with the sporting shooting but the way the clubs are down here the driving would be just the same anyway and there is less sporting to be had.

He has now suggested that I shoot Trap too  !  Well, he kept sayin "Shoot yer Trap"  I think, but then again, I am DEAF  !

What you need Ian is a 687 30" sporter. Will be a lot better gun for clay shooting and a hell of a tool for game, then get it fitted or adjusted to suit. 28" game guns can be very light in the muzzle for good clay shooting scores, but a 687 30" sporter is the best of both worlds.

....resembling a decent esp score.

met up with Westley and his friend to shoot 50 esp. Used the 687 with the comb raiser and shot my best score to date 35x50 even managed to straighten two stands of three pair ? felt much much better with the gun which Westley assures me fits well which is good enough for me. Enjoyable morning in good company. ?
The higher the comb the higher the scores

I'd shoot the trap gun mate.    Steady and balanced and stop you slashing at targets  :wink:   Forget about chokes kidda.  I know you like that DT10.  Most of my AAA shots use trap guns for sporting targets!  If its good enough for them!.......

I'd shoot the trap gun mate.    Steady and balanced and stop you slashing at targets  :wink:   Forget about chokes kidda.  I know you like that DT10.  Most of my AAA shots use trap guns for sporting targets!  If its good enough for them!.......
yep next step is to try the 10 for comparison ?

"my AAA shots" I am intrigued by this bit ??

Many , many , many, fine shots use lots of choke in their guns .

But they are fine shots , used to placing their shot within inches of the clay .

We mere mortals will be better off with choke less than half for most , or all Sporting targets.

yep next step is to try the 10 for comparison ?

"my AAA shots" I am intrigued by this bit ??
Ah Yes.  I am fortunate to be able to shoot with several AAA Class Sporting shots.  Categorically I dislike them all because they can hit and I can't.  Nontheless, they raise my game when I shoot alongside them.......horrible talented b*ggers they are.

For what its worth....I have consistently always shot better scores with 2 x 3/4 chokes in my barrels......and the breaks exude confidence in the shooter.

Ah Yes.  I am fortunate to be able to shoot with several AAA Class Sporting shots.  Categorically I dislike them all because they can hit and I can't.  Nontheless, they raise my game when I shoot alongside them.......horrible talented b*ggers they are.

For what its worth....I have consistently always shot better scores with 2 x 3/4 chokes in my barrels......and the breaks exude confidence in the shooter.
AND I'll bet the misses are better too  !       ;)

Glad you tried ESP mate. Its different and interesting. Will sharpen you up for the game season. Hope you are training Eze and getting her fit for the Autumn.

hi mate

yes I am enjoying my odd esp outing but its purely practice for game not competing ?

yes training or rather maintaining and polishing is ongoing, dogging in starts end of August ?

hows your shooting and hows yet dogs ?

My shooting was going OK but is now going down hill. Been shooting wood pigeons better than clays. Dogs doing good. Three year old working in the hide and sweeping up the shot pigeons when we finish. Puppies have a working test on Sunday. Think they might flunk it though.

Back