ever had a gun ......

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

.......that you pick up one day and it feels great but you puck it up the day after and it feels wrong ????

I usually either love a gun or hate it and if the latter I move it on quickly. The 687 game is one of those guns that has me baffled, I love the thing its very pretty and on paper it should be everything I need BUT ....

have fitted the leather recoil systems comb raiser (again) and a white bead in an attempt to make something happen with it. I also want to change the wooden but pad for a rubber one as it occasionally slips in the shoulder but struggling to determine which one, it is 125mm long ??

Hi ips have a look at Dave Izzards pads designed by him as a shooter on www.recoilsystems.com  they come in various thickness from 11,13,14,16,19,23&25 mm he also has 4mm spacers all very easy to fit so you could tailor your stock to the length you require . hope this helps   :thumbsup:

Put a PFS on Ian - just think how much tinkering/adjusting you could do !! No matter what your mood, it could always be adjusted to fit   :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

IMHO, its probably that its not 'trap' enough for you. Sell it and buy something a bit more 'suitable' - even other makes!!!!. By your own admission, trap was your thing and your not a 'sporting/skeet' shooter. Sometimes you can do what you want to a gun and still never 'feels' right .Its no good worrying about stance and chokes and all the other BS, if it doesn't feel comfortable to you. 

I changed the wooden but plate on my 2007 EELL's for the Beretta MicroCore recoil pad as I was having trouble at the time with recoil, total transformation, cannot help with the thickness, have a ride to Malmo Guns, lots of Beretta MicroCore recoil pads of different thickness's to try on your gun in there, beauty about them its a straight swop as long as your EELL is not an old one, the EELL sporter I've just got is a 1989 one and they don't fit.

or buy a gun that actually fits

Last edited by a moderator:
Be CAREFUL as to which rubber pad you fit. The rubber pads that come with the 391 auto's have more grip than Michelin's and WILL snag your clothing, unless you pre mount the gun at the start of a drive and keep it there throughout  !  I have seen you shoot that gun and may I suggest that unless something drastic has befallen it since we last met, the problem may just lay with the user ?  I fail to see how adding additional adhesion to the stock will help, it is already chequered and that should be sufficient to keep the gun where it was mounted, UNLESS you are using extra pokey recoiling cartridges, which can cause the gun to jump out onto the upper arm upon recoil (ie:- between shots). If you must put a rubber on (to aid safe shooting perhaps ??)  I have a Beretta 'Field' rubber pad which should go straight on, you are welcome to try that and see if things improve. I also have an array of 'slip on' rubbers, which may just help too !  I am going to the Dolphin tomorrow, I can hire a van to get all of these bits in, should you be able to make it there  !

I will be there at 10am with a car full of guns plus that Westley Richard book I promised you. Look forward to seeing you.

pm on way

Latest posts

Back