The Highwaymans 150 sporting challenge sept 22-24

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TVFSteven

As above, anybody going to this? 'In association with' George digweed, does that mean he'll be setting the targets?

a0ab443eb0f0f84cfbd14b68b628d1b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking into it for the Friday if possible. Would like to know if its 150 straight off or two rounds/courses of 75?

Looking into it for the Friday if possible. Would like to know if its 150 straight off or two rounds/courses of 75?
Red and a black course apparently. Booked on for the Sunday myself.

From George's Facebook today. 

"Had a long chat with Simon Smith today from Highwaymans regarding our Challenge Shoot on the  22nd - 24th September 2017.  2 x 75 Bird Layouts - one designed by Simon and Mark, and one designed by myself.  Entries are really filling fast, the two layouts have already been structually designed with something for everybody, whether you are a novice, intermediate or pro shot.
We have decided to open up some more time slots, which are now available to view on www.highwaymansshootingground.co.uk/
Really looking forward to this event which for me pretty much ends the competitive calender for 2017.  With a ShotGun for High Gun and good money throughout the classes, it should be an event to look forward to.  Hope to see you all there."

Supposed to have started in the 9am squad today but I'm currently sitting waiting at Kwikfit Dartford after a tyre blow out on the M25.

Supposed to have started in the 9am squad today but I'm currently sitting waiting at Kwikfit Dartford after a tyre blow out on the M25.
Did you make it in the end? I’ll be setting off at 3 today and stopping there for a 8.50 start tomorrow!

Shot it today and enjoyed both courses. You could see the different "handwriting" in the two courses and as George said there is something for everyone over the 18 stands. Did OK on George's red course with 60 but went downhill on the black with a 51 after screwing up a stand I should have been able to straight.

All ran very well with no hold ups and a minimum of no birds etc.

I shot it Friday and also enjoyed it.  I didn't shoot well particularly the black course where I shot 3 stands really badly dropping 6 on each, the first stand was one of them which was off putting as I tried to forget it and move on so to speak.  Dropped odds and sods as well on that course so knew I couldn't recover.  The really sad thing is the three stands weren't out of the ordinary and weren't what I would normally do so badly on.  My only criticism which has nothing to do with the actual courses would be one little food truck that was closed before the shoot ended isn't enough.  I brought my own food and flask but later squads who were peckish or thirsty didn't have anything to come back to.

My only criticism which has nothing to do with the actual courses would be one little food truck that was closed before the shoot ended isn't enough.
Piss poor - would be my take on the catering side. They should have closed after the shoot. 

This food thing seems to be an issue at nearly every major...don't the organisers get the fact that people will be hungry after hours on the course CRAZY

The only shoot i ever went to at Highwaymans, an intercounties, food consisted of some sausage rolls in a warming tray of undeterminable age and a burco boiler,self serve. No pool shoot, some folk had come from way north of me Newcastle way,  Never again. I ended up ringing Phil moss to see if he was open so we could get lunch and use his pool, alas not open that day.

The only shoot i ever went to at Highwaymans, an intercounties, food consisted of some sausage rolls in a warming tray of undeterminable age and a burco boiler,self serve. No pool shoot, some folk had come from way north of me Newcastle way,  Never again. I ended up ringing Phil moss to see if he was open so we could get lunch and use his pool, alas not open that day.
My god . You must have been desperate !!!!

Did you make it in the end? I’ll be setting off at 3 today and stopping there for a 8.50 start tomorrow!

Made it eventually and they kindly fitted me in two and a half hours after I should have been shooting. I shot poorly and was really struggling by the end. Five and a half hours to get there took it out of me and I was knackered.

I had a couple of good stands, but generally just sloppy, not pushing the gun through and finishing my shot properly. High point was stand 4 on red with 4 from 5 on the big l-r over the trees.

Shot this morning. Enjoyed George’s targets far more than the others. Then again I shot the first course much better than the second which I thought was rather difficult at times. Missed plenty of stupid ones but hit some hard ones that I wasn’t expecting to do so well on.

I was a bit disappointed with the shoot, I shot ok and most of the targets were good (too many dropping/edgy incomers would be my only slight criticism) but the atmosphere there was pretty flat and the 5-pair stuff just left me feeling that it was set a bit lazily, especially with all the land they have there.

Could have easily had an extra couple of stands, and I don't get why the clubhouse area is so untidy?  

Latest posts

Back