Beretta Worlds 2017

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markh701

Thought it was ok apart from a few silly stands 12 and 15 spring to mind. Wont be hanging around expecting a top 3!

Nice place to host a shoot. If you start on stand 9 leave 15 minutes walk to get there!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided to dig the Beretta out of the cabinet again this year to shoot this, but, 7 pairs of simo's out of 16 stands at a competition of this size is not good IMO. The last 2 at Holywell have not been good. Think the Beretta will be staying put next year.

If you shoot it then you will know what I mean. Didn't see many people smiling after shooting it on Fri, particularly stands 12-16.

I found it uninspired.  I thought stands 12 onwards were the more challenging just a shame they came one after the other really and weren't spread out a bit.  I did okay on those.  I only had two birds between the first and second half misses.  Should have shot the stand 1 to 8 better but some I found hard to pick up being green in either the green trees or cloud.  Waiting around for a broken stand for about half an hour or so tested my patience a bit.   I really have seen better registered shoots.   I like challenging and if one more person says "it's because people aren't shooting their averages that they don't like it" and "what do you expect it's a championship" I'm going to rip them another orifice.  Total carp, it simply wasn't special enough.  The hospitality part was very nice this year and so it should have been because last year was rubbish.  

I shot this Friday, and the organisation was piss poor to be honest. Squads trying to start, and squads trying to finish on the same stand just don't work. We were waiting to start and the order was given to let the squads coming off the B course (stands 9-16) to finish first. The more squads that came from the other course just pushed us further back. We finally started 40 minutes late, and the squad that was supposed to start behind us started an hour late. Then to get 4 pairs of simo's in the first 5 stands was sh*te. There were reports going around that people that started on stands 9-16 shot those stands and jacked in, not surprising really if they they thought the A course was similar. I didn't shoot particularly well, but after 3hrs 50, it was just a war of attrition at the end and was glad to finish to be honest. 

Shot this on the Friday and I've got to say I feel this event has lost a lot of guns for next year, I feel the venue is good but at the end of the day it's the targets people will go back for year on year and they got this one so badly wrong I for one won't be spending my hard earned cash on an entry next year.

Shot this on the Friday and I've got to say I feel this event has lost a lot of guns for next year, I feel the venue is good but at the end of the day it's the targets people will go back for year on year and they got this one so badly wrong I for one won't be spending my hard earned cash on an entry next year.
Nor will I.

It would be nice to have it back at Hodnet next year!
It can be where ever they like, I won't be entering.

Apparently the email address, [email protected] is the place to send your comments to, for how crap it was.

I sent an email yesterday.  Let's see if I get a response.
In my experience Karl Waktare will not answer emails but gets a bod such as Warren Thackeray to do so..

It wasn't until 4 months of sniping on facebook that i got any response.

He has no comprehension of customer service and was downright awkward when i contacted them about my issues.

The result was no satisfaction at all as he did diddly squat.

Gmk wrecked the hospitality last year by asking the course setter to provide the catering from his ground at a couple of weeks notice and though it would be ok for your average club for something of this level it was extremely poor.

I think there customer relations department and brand marketing is completely sh*t.

Perhaps GMK have a contractual obligation to put this event on! You certainly feel that is the case. But my feeling of their issues are a "lack of thought" and a "disconnect of what the customer wants"

As far as targets are concerned maybe they should visit the Essex Masters for some clues. That aside it should be an ideal showcase to get owners interested in upgrading their guns. But no try stand in sight - gobsmacking!!

The format of the Beretta World changed last year and we will be continuing with this new format in 2017. 120 targets will be shot over 16 stands, with two courses of 9 stands!!

i just copied and pasted the above from beretta world web page !! they even got that wrong as two courses of 9 stands make 18 stands ! not much hope really was there.. :hunter:

Its going to get tougher for these bigger events going forward as every body is having a go now, Eley, Cheddite, Perazzi etc  only so much currency to go around.

Its going to get tougher for these bigger events going forward as every body is having a go now, Eley, Cheddite, Perazzi etc  only so much currency to go around.
All the more reason to make theirs the best then, not second rate.

Maybe they need to drop the 'only to be shot with a Beretta' rule.

Being a very average C class shooter and this being my first experience of a major shooting championship, l had no expectations and was just happy to be taking part with my shooting mates, but seeing the frustration that they felt, was an eye opener, they are  all A and double AA class, but they were certainly questioning there ability after this, especially with some of the scorers, who l know are doing a job many of us would not want to do, but on one stand l was asked by the scorer did your mate hit the second clay, surely that is the scorers job, another told us that if we shot a clay above the tree line and they could not see it, then it would not count, perhaps the scorer could of moved to improve their view of the shot, or is that not allowed, another had a gun malfunction and the gun did not fire, so he broke the barrel to check, and was informed that was illegal, and was given two misses, and one one stand l was asked how it was going, l replied l can not see much here for a C class shot, well the reply was, this stand is sh*te, so you had better stand outside the stand so l can show you a pair, because once you are in the stand you won't stand a chance! I come from a motocross and enduro background, both competing and organisation, for over 30 years, and currently run a race team, so l do have some idea of what is involved in organising an event, but if you do not cater for the grass roots shooter and encourage the average club shooters you are not going to have an event to satisfy the proffessional shooters, because there won't be much of a prize to shoot for, l love my shooting as it is nice contrast to a day spent racing, but l for one will not shoot the Beretta again, and also quite a few others have said the same, which is a shame, because the Beretta World Championships was wrong on so many points.

Hospitality better this year but still pretty crap,no beer on tap 3.50 for a 50p tin of beer...at least it was cold.

Food options were pretty dire better burger vans at the side of the road with a lot more variety and more care taken i could have better presented my burger throwing it across the room.

Didn't really do most of the targets justice but seemed to shoot the harder stands better maybe losing concentration on some as it was bloody warm today.

As for the green and black targets they are by agreement the only colours they can use on the estate.

Yet again though for something that has over a 1000 entrants its seems they make very little effort an icecream stand,one selling tins of beer (there should at least be a proper bar at something of this size) and one food option which was more than disappointing.

The Beretta trailer was there but i did not see one person go to it as from past experience they are know nothing idiots,at the Benelli they told me my factory modified Benelli didn't exist and they had never done them even though i have the order and the original receipt .

I heard many people saying they would not go again.....the main problem is that GMK are to arrogant to listen to anyone.

As Sian says a disappointing experience.

If there was a proper bar would folk stay for a shandy, i would, tales of how  great i could have been and general phenominalnus would certainly add to the sense of occasion

Latest posts

Back