Another gun choice - I can't decide!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simonix

So, after a few family issues, I have reluctantly sold my Krieghoff to get a "cheaper" gun and free up some cash. 

I now have a budget of £3-3.5k and have narrowed my choices down to the below 4 which are currently available for sale. Please could people give me their opinions on what I should do. 

A little bit of background. I am 6'3", left handed, have shot both right and left handed guns in the past, and have been shooting 32" barrels for the last 4 years. I shoot ESP mostly with a bit of Fitasc thrown in for good measure:

Blaser F3 pro right handed (adjustable comb) with 32" barrels. (S/H) 

Blaser F3 pro left handed (adjustable comb) with 30" barrels. (S/H)

Blaser F16 grade 4 left handed with 32" barrels. (New)

Beretta DT10 late model (adjustable comb) left handed with 32" barrels. (S/H)

Any help is appreciated.

First world problems i guess... ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just sold a 32" CG Challengerleft handed too! I'm not a big fan of Beretta's so of those listed the Blaser F16 would possibly appeal. However, a friend has a high grade Blaser and he had a stock cracking problem. It's been with them since last October! 

Go and buy a new Guerini Invictus  :wink:

+1, DT10. Failing that, the one that feels mostly like your K gun, if there is such a thing  :)

Just sold a 32" CG Challengerleft handed too! I'm not a big fan of Beretta's so of those listed the Blaser F16 would possibly appeal. However, a friend has a high grade Blaser and he had a stock cracking problem. It's been with them since last October! 

Go and buy a new Guerini Invictus  :wink:
Already had a CG, I liked it, but don't want another really. 

+1, DT10. Failing that, the one that feels mostly like your K gun, if there is such a thing  :)
Well this is the thing, some people say that a DT10 is a fast gun, but others say it's more steady than some. 

I would want a heavy gun that is steady on the swing....

I found the std DT10 (I had 3 plus an X plus a well, don't ask ?) were fast at trap but controllable if that makes sense

I still have my DT10, even though I upgraded to a K80 Parcours last year.  I wouldn't consider it any faster than the Parcours, even though it had shorter barrels (28").

Given your list above which understandably favours Mr Blaser's products I feel your absolutely best course would be to have a chat with Ian Mulliner on 01258 840 848. He knows all about Blasers, has F3 and F16 models in stock and will most probably be able to sort you out. It's also probable/possible that he will be able to select a stock which fits rather than you having to acquire one that's adjustable.

What's the difference between late and early models of DT10? Apart from the lettering I think they are exactly the same. I know there was a doubling issue on the very very early ones that it will be near impossible to find still with the problem. I think it just meant that the hammers had to be swapped for ones with a different sear angle. A lot is made of this early late thing.  But that's it as far as I know. unless someone knows differently and there's something else i'm not aware of.

that's exactly how I understand it Paul. One assumes any issues with early ones have long since been sorted under warranty.

There is also an issue with DT10's that have seen a lot of use opening on firing the second barrel.  It's caused by wear on the bar that locks the action shut.  Beretta produce these bars in three slightly larger sizes, so as they wear you can replace with the next size up.  Mine is an old one (lower case lettering) and I had to have this done.  Cheap fix and been great ever since.

Latest posts

Back