Any news about Lulworth?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thurs very strong southerly winds and rainshowers. Friday fine and still strong winds but more from west. On Edgar Bros / Zoli (layout 5) targets were not pushed so far out so average score was maybe 4 birds higher than Thurs.

Alot lighter winds and sunshine this morning.

Regards

Leigh

Sian,

Thanks for the link, I had heard it was tough due to weather conditions.

So your impressed with the pomp and ceremony are you Cyril?

I thought your mate Graham could do no wrong?

Spoke too soon yesterday, wind was soon back to near Thurs level and direction. Exceptional 25s from Martin Myers and Paul Lovick on Edgar Bros.

Leigh

It has all,the atmosphere of a state funeral!
I've heard that from a couple of different people today, that couldn't be bothered to stay and shot the last layouts. Seems to be a bit of a trend at these big shoots these days. Whats the answer??

Also heard that some of the big gun companies from Italy, and Germany are not to happy either, after travelling  over. Apparently there were no traps available for people to try their guns. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Met some shooters today who had abandoned the last day. Too wind affected they said. 

I find it hard to believe that Graham wouldn't have thought of traps to try out the guns. There are quite a few I'm sure down at his Shooting School only eight miles away by road. Perhaps the firms concerned hadn't thought to factor that in?

I haven't been there to have a look, as I said earlier, but it was indeed windy today, and I for one would have found conditions extraordinarily challenging. But I'm not a European Championship class shooter, and these guys must have known the layout would be catering for top shots rather than mediocre ones. The top of the leader board managed a reasonable score:  http://englishsportingclays.co.uk/fitasc/european-championship/results

Graham has an enviable reputation for setting up these events. I would be very surprised if it was in any way rubbish.

tCharles, Look at the number of shooters that jacked in the shooting without finishing?  You are  incorrect when you state this is for top shots! If that was so there would be less than 100 entries including Ladies, Juniors, Veterans and Super Vets!     The rules say there should be 2 soft targets, 1 medium and 1 med/hard target and that the hard target should not be in the doubles? These rules  were not followed in this shoot!  Without the "mediocre" shots there would be no European or World Championships because it would not be viable to hold them!                                     

I shot it and thoroughly enjoyed it. The weather conditions made it tricky but I would imagine over the four days it pretty well levelled out for everyone.

A lot of effort had gone into spreading the shoot out to make the most of the landscape. Quite a lot of shooting below the feet which we are not so much used to in Lincs. 

Yes the catering could have been better but with only shooting half a day and it being a holiday area it was not too difficult to find places to eat outside the shooting ground.

Latest posts

Back