Caesar Guerini Magnus sporter

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holianl

Has anyone used or tried one? I've been offered one in replacement for my miroku that isn't up to the task. 

I haven't tried that model. I will say that my summit impact was a lovely looking gun. It was also the nicest gun to shoot. 

I couldn't hit a barn door with it but that was not the fault of the gun. 

For the money it just felt really good quality. 

Has anyone used or tried one? I've been offered one in replacement for my miroku that isn't up to the task. 
Timing ., at Orston on sat there is an open day and CG are going, ring em monday and ask if they will be taking this gun along, go and shoot the 50 bird comp with it,

Malmo have a couple of traps out back but they are flattering targets, even i can hit them ..

Other manufactuers are ther too for the full mashings

link to ground and event http://www.orston.com/ 

I will be there too 

You can ask a million people and get multiple different answers.... so the short reply is shoot it yourself. See if you like it. Not allowed to shoot it / shoot a demo one?? -  walk away from the deal offered and make them come up with something else.

As for CG as a brand they had trouble with reliability in the beginning but have really seemed to turn this around with their current range. MIke & Kevin are doing a great job of getting good quality CG guns out there now to the UK market. Plus offering solid back up service if needed.

My wife last year swapped to a CG Invictus from her Perazzi. She loves the new gun and i doubt she would swap back now. Plus any gun that is backed for a million rounds (eg lifetime) is a huge plus. CG and the gun shop we used took real care to ensure she had a very positive buying experience. Selection of gun, fitting session and fitting work carried out on the gun. 

You certainly need to like the Italian brands to be comfortable with one - eg:Beretta, Perazzi etc.

if you like, hang on a week, you could try my 32" B725 lefty at Hesketh

What the hell have you been doing to that poor Miroku!? 
It's the other way round mate. I didn't even shoot the gun with the second stock and it has already cracked!!!! I give up. I going to get an air rifle next week  :bye:

It's the other way round mate. I didn't even shoot the gun with the second stock and it has already cracked!!!! I give up. I going to get an air rifle next week  :bye:
Oh good,  cos I'm peed off cleaning YOUR bloomin gun after 'we' have used it  !    :D

He is NOT doing too badly with a right handed 30" version  !

Thanks for the offer, every left handed gun I've tried so far hasn't even remotely fitted me hence why I went for the miroku as they are fairly straight. Lets see what malmo offer me first. Hopefully I will have something to shoot at catton hall on the bank holiday Monday.

I know, I was only joking. I can't imagine how frustrated you must be. Every review you read online only has good things to say about Miroku and you've been let down twice. I'm sure it's down to very bad luck but I don't blame you for going after a different brand. I don't know if you've considered a new Beretta? A lot of people say the new Beretta's aren't up to much but I've been nothing but impressed with my 690 Black, I've only had it for a few months so I can't comment on the reliability but I definitely prefer it to the MK70 that I used to shoot.

There's normally nothing objective about people's opinions of shotguns and shotgun makers but I'll try. I owned a Miroku for several years and for a number of reasons I wouldn't ever have another; not least because as a regular ref at sporting shoots I sometimes see a gun fail to fire. The shooter pulls the trigger and there's a click but no bang. Nine times out of ten it's a Miroku or Browning and usually the bottom barrel. Very occasionally it's a dud shell or a jammomatic semi. I don't think I've ever seen an Italian gun fail to fire a good shell.

I've come to understand the philosophy behind the CG brand and I love the way they've applied modern business thinking to the archaic and hidebound gun trade. At various times I've tried examples of just about every regular sporting gun and with the possible exception of the F16, I can't think of any gun anywhere near the price range of the CGs, from Summit to Maxum, that compares favourably. You owe it to yourself to try one out.

I have a Browning grade 5 725 sporter that I have spent a lot of time and energy getting it how i want it, and it is absolutely superb. Yet I still have a hankering for a summit ascent. Not sure what exactly is drawing me to them but I think it's the concept of the heads up shooting position. I think they have been very clever offering these 3 different rib and comb options on most of the guns. If browning did an ascent height rib and comb I would be itching to give it a go. Not such a fan of the impacts though. But very clever from guerini in my mind.

Thanks for the offer, every left handed gun I've tried so far hasn't even remotely fitted me hence why I went for the miroku as they are fairly straight. Lets see what malmo offer me first. Hopefully I will have something to shoot at catton hall on the bank holiday Monday.
this b725 was the only one that fit, tried quite a few, now looking for a grade 5, it wont matter to me if its a lefty or righty as long as it fits, shot for years with the original RH 682 supersport

I know, I was only joking. I can't imagine how frustrated you must be. Every review you read online only has good things to say about Miroku and you've been let down twice. I'm sure it's down to very bad luck but I don't blame you for going after a different brand. I don't know if you've considered a new Beretta? A lot of people say the new Beretta's aren't up to much but I've been nothing but impressed with my 690 Black, I've only had it for a few months so I can't comment on the reliability but I definitely prefer it to the MK70 that I used to shoot.
LUCK,    LUCK,............................I'm damned if I am taking him fishing............................in a boat..............................in 100 foot of bloody water    !      :lol:

I've had 4 CG's and still own 2. I've previously owned 2 Brownings and 2 Berettas and see absolutely no reason to swap back. My Maxum is over ten years old and is perfect. Remember the newer guns come with 10 years of warranty too. 

The service from Anglo Italian (Mike, Alistair and Kevin) is simply on a different level. However it's a HUGE advantage to me that they are only a couple of miles from where I live. 

Super guns, fantastic quality and superb back up. What's not to like? 

Latest posts

Back