Which sporter

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack 1

Hi all

A question that will incite many an opinion but I can handle it. I'm looking for a sporter to replace my 682Gold E which is now 9 years old.I have no brand loyalty and my budget is £2.75K (ish) could creep up a bit. Ideas and opinions please and oh yes where to buy I live in Kent and don't have a problem not dealing with that retailer in Tunbridge Wells

Thanks

Jack

Hi all

A question that will incite many an opinion but I can handle it. I'm looking for a sporter to replace my 682Gold E which is now 9 years old.I have no brand loyalty and my budget is £2.75K (ish) could creep up a bit. Ideas and opinions please and oh yes where to buy I live in Kent and don't have a problem not dealing with that retailer in Tunbridge Wells

Thanks

Jack
The only way you will better your current gun with a budget of £2750 is to buy a DT10, preferably whilst part exchanging to push your budget closer to £3750, anything else is a change not an upgrade. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Any Miroku to suit your taste , Browning ProSport , Guerini to suit your taste (but you will lose a load of money if you buy new, for reasons I don't understand)

Second hand Perazzi (MX8?) or DT10 

Thanks, straightforward and to the point.

Jack

Any Miroku to suit your taste , Browning ProSport , Guerini to suit your taste (but you will lose a load of money if you buy new, for reasons I don't understand)

Second hand Perazzi (MX8?) or DT10 
Thanks for that. I saw  Browning 725 on Guntrader with an adjustable butt pad kit S/H for £2100 which looked good

Cyril , he wasn't necessarily looking to improve, he stated he wanted a change ! He could always buy a proper 682 from the 90's.

Jack1 ,

Be careful with S/H 725's a couple of friends have been offered £1300 for perfectly good unmarked 725's by Premier Guns that they wished to upgrade .

Buyer Beware .

HI, Thanks for the 'heads up' on the Browning as we were taught toooo many years ago "Caveat emptor".

Jack

Jack1 ,

Be careful with S/H 725's a couple of friends have been offered £1300 for perfectly good unmarked 725's by Premier Guns that they wished to upgrade .

Buyer Beware .
?? They were only £1700 ish when new. £1300 isn't bad for a trade in.  The trader can't put it on the rack for that. 

I presume the SH one at £2100 is a pro trap or higer grade gun. 

In my eyes unless you have reall neglected the 682 it is not very old.

There's pro shots that shoot in excess of 50k carts a year still use guns much older than yours.

Sold my 682 gold e to finance another "better" gun, currently trying to buy it back. A second hand Ceasar Guerini gives you a lot of spec choices and gun for the money.

UPDATE.

You could always spray the Beretta Gold , matt black and win numerous competitions and places  including The CPSA British & English , just like the Carrot Cruncher (Phil Thorrold) has done in the past. 

Save your money and fund entry fees and cartridges.

I'm wondering why you want to change? If you want a gun that shoots better, spend the money on lessons. That made my guns shoot a lot better  :lol:  

If you want a gun that looks better and shoots really well, at the price point I'd say take a good look at a Guerini. Ideally used, remember they come with 10 year warranty and the service from Anglo Italian is simply superb. 

UPDATE.

You could always spray the Beretta Gold , matt black and win numerous competitions and places  including The CPSA British & English , just like the Carrot Cruncher (Phil Thorrold) has done in the past. 

Sounds like a good idea......thanks for that

UPDATE.

He's finally changed to a 690 now.

Why do you want to replace the 682?

If there are things why you don't like this gun, it will be helpful if you mention this.

Just wanting something else can also be a reason of course  :D

Latest posts

Back