Gunsite 14/5

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wylye

Well done Mr Ponting! Another great day out with top targets and the food is amazing! 200+ today, must be doing something right.

Why is this in General discussions, and not in shoot reviews or sporting.  :wink:

Love this shoot and Sean is a top bloke who knows how to set both a challenging and interesting course. However the queues the regular 200+ entries cause are starting to discourage me a little. Last month I started at 10:10am and finished at 1:45pm. That coupled with a 3- 3 1/2hr round trip in the car it's become a little tedious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love this shoot and Sean is a top bloke who knows how to set both a challenging and interesting course. However the queues the regular 200+ entries cause are starting to discourage me a little. Last month I started at 10:10am and finished at 1:45pm. That coupled with a 3- 3 1/2hr round trip it's become a little tedious.
Tis a vicious circle these days...i find myself thinking should i keep a shoot quiet for my own selfish reasons of not wanting to wait ;)

3/3.5 hours is becoming the average 100 reg shoot time it seems if they are any good.

It is quite a walk there though, lovely as it is.
Yeah it's a fair walk round. Grimsthorpe is always plagued with people going around backwards. First few stands are usually ok, last few are empty, middle 2-3 stands will be rammed, not been uncommon to have a 3/4 hr wait at one of the middle stands on it's own. The long walk and 14 stands has helped this a little at least just lately as a few people are always in transition between stands.

In my opinion Grimsthorpe is a brilliant ground. It's a lovely setting through the woods and everything. I personally enjoy the walk round and appreciate the way the stands are spaced out and not crammed on top of each other like some grounds.

They are a victim of their own success as they don't have regular open/reg shoots , when they do they are very well attended with well over 200 entries. It is however open most days of the week for practice.

I'm one of the culprits who would start at 14 and work backwards, however they always seemed to have the hard stands at the end. So for the Lincs. Championship went 1,2, 3 etc and Sod's law it was the other way round this time with the tricky stands at the start!

Latest posts

Back