Hello

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K3vvk

Hi folks, 

Newbie here from west of Scotland, just getting into clays after couple lessons. Im thinking of applying for my SGC, only thing that is bothering me is where about to fit a gun cabinet.  I live in a new build house, as you can imagine solid brick walls to bolt them to are virtually non existent. Anyone on here have similar issues?

Hi folks, 

Newbie here from west of Scotland, just getting into clays after couple lessons. Im thinking of applying for my SGC, only thing that is bothering me is where about to fit a gun cabinet.  I live in a new build house, as you can imagine solid brick walls to bolt them to are virtually non existent. Anyone on here have similar issues?
Hi .... welcome to the Forum! :)

I faced the same problem in my house. I used 8mm threaded rods and epoxied them into the walls. Job done!
13.gif

yeah chemical bonding into the wall i used 10mm threaded rod (because the cabinet had 10mm clearance holes) just remember not to over tighten them and leave it at least 24 hours before you hang the cabinet

Hi .... welcome to the Forum! :)

I faced the same problem in my house. I used 8mm threaded rods and epoxied them into the walls. Job done!
13.gif
Thanks guys,

maybe I should have said before, There is an Tiber frame between the block work and the plasterboard. Can you bolt them to the timber joists?

Is there anyone else from ayrshire on the board?

Hi folks, 

Hi K3vvk, 

Welcome to the forum.

No need for all that noncence, have a look at rigifix m6 bolts on the internet. One of the best bolts I've ever used and I hand tv's on walls for a living all day. I've got 4 of them bolts in my safe and it ain't going anywhere. I've got mine going through plaster board into breeze block behind. Hope this helps. 

You could secure your cabinet flat  to the floor in a wardrobe , that way you can get more guns into the cabinet.

James Johnston (Darkside) on this forum is from your area , a really nice chap to argue with if you want some sport , but also a good resource for information about clayshooting .

Hi K3vvk, 

Welcome to the forum.

No need for all that noncence, have a look at rigifix m6 bolts on the internet. One of the best bolts I've ever used and I hand tv's on walls for a living all day. I've got 4 of them bolts in my safe and it ain't going anywhere. I've got mine going through plaster board into breeze block behind. Hope this helps. 
Thank so for the heads up on the rigifix bolts. They really do look good and will prob come in handy for other bits n bobs around the house.

Latest posts

Back