Rio Cartridges On Test

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cartridge is fast hence he missed both in front (at relatively close distance too)

this should be fun

6 easy

I have shot with Patrick who is a really good shot.

I still love these cartridges. I have the odd dabble with others and come back quickly. Just risen in price, so are now not as big a bargain as before but still good. They really do have the cheapest packaging, so kinda nice the boxes will be refreshed, but that is about as important as the colour of the shooting cage. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too,use them with half n half in my f3,kills are excellent?just a tad bumpy.

How queer, I bought a slab of these last Sunday and used 100 today for practice with some friends, couldn't notice anything fast regarding the speed but recoil wasn't what I'd personally describe as soft but I definitely did notice that I couldn't get anything to smoke with my half choke regardless of type or distance, the 3/4 choke was much better I felt with hard breaks on one particular midi going away quartering and high bird.

They're not particularly cheap at £195 and special order for 8's at Countryways so not for me as a long term shell. 

They shoot just like my old favorite Eley Olympics,(but go off every time i pull the trigger).i had the same experience as you hamster with hull sporting 100s,so many chips i went and bought a piece of cod.used some superfasts and they were very good.

I use these and find very good, especially for the money.

Last lot were £156 for plastic 8's, since the price increase, the last time I checked they were £174 at the Oxford gun Company.

Possibly gone up again since.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I got the last 1500 at Countryways a couple of weeks ago and paid £166 for 1,000.

Two AA shooters in our squad at the Essex Masters were shooting with them and had been so impressed with the performance and price that they had bought 20,000.

I agree with Hamster and find them to be a bit punchy. If they are now £195, I'd rather pay another £15 for Fiocchi F3.

I think I got the last 1500 at Countryways a couple of weeks ago and paid £166 for 1,000.

Two AA shooters in our squad at the Essex Masters were shooting with them and had been so impressed with the performance and price that they had bought 20,000.

I agree with Hamster and find them to be a bit punchy. If they are now £195, I'd rather pay another £15 for Fiocchi F3.
I've shot the F3 side by side with FBlacks and if I'm honest I prefer the latter which I find kick less (not much) but seem to hold tighter longer, I can get them for £200 which at the moment is the best bang for the money. 

Funnily enough, while I agree they don't always powder medium distance clays, I've always been impressed with the very distant kills. I use the 8s and did find the 7.5s gave a more violent looking kill on close stuff. 

I've shot the F3 side by side with FBlacks and if I'm honest I prefer the latter which I find kick less (not much) but seem to hold tighter longer, I can get them for £200 which at the moment is the best bang for the money. 
Skeet UK, who I shoot with, also prefers the F Blacks. Do you get them from Michelle at Horne at that price?

Latest posts

Back