Cracked stock

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holianl

I picked my beautiful miroku mk38 grade 5 up from Malmo last weekend. Exited wasn't the word to explain how I was feeling after waiting so long for my licence to come through. I shot well with it last Sunday and walked out of the clay ground with the biggest smile on my face. Anyway I went to north west shooting school on Friday to try a few different disaplin's I've never tried before and again shot really well with the gun but half way round I noticed my stock was clicking, I thought this was a bit strange and Keith took the recoil pad off and i took it to the gunsmith on sight to check if the stock bolt was tight. He managed to get half a turn but thought it was fine. I shot another 25 clays and packed up for the day, I finally got home and started cleaning the gun and noticed a crack each side of the trigger mechanism. Devastated!!! 

I gave malmo a call first thing Saturday morning and Brian was superb, I genuinely can't fault the guy. He took the gun and asked me if I wanted a totally new gun or a new stock. I opted for a new stock, he took my forend as well to get a perfect match. 

Although it's a bit of a nightmare having the gun crack the 2nd week of owning it I'm glad it did before I put all the work into the wood etc. But the main part of this post is the way malmo looked after me. I know it's a new gun and in warranty but the guy genuinely felt bad for me especially after how long I waited for it. thanks Malmo much appreciated. He even gave me a grade 5 browning ultra xs titanium as a loan gun!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Brian is a good bloke, Malmo is an excellent dealer ?

I have had several guns from them, I have only had 1 minor issue which was dealt with immediately, without a hitch. I can not praise them highly enough, their service is excellent, which is why we went there for the gun. Really nice people to deal with.

That's a real p***er Holianl.  Glad for you that its being sorted,  by the sounds of it a nice place to do business with.  Hope you continue to enjoy when all is resolved.  Keep that smile.  :smile:

Damon

Not great as others have said in a round about way. The thing is sh*t happens, but it's how it's dealt with that matters, sounds like you bought your gun from the right place. Hope it gets sorted soon. 

At the end of the day it's wood which is a natural material and whilst its frustrating these things can and do happen. Sounds like you have been looked after in terms of getting it fixed so that should give some peace of mind.

I have a long and protracted story of outstanding customer service from Bryan at Malmo, You are in good hands.

Don't talk to me about cracked stocks and customer service .......

saga may be about to come to an end after 9 months  - here's hoping 

Don't talk to me about cracked stocks and customer service .......

saga may be about to come to an end after 9 months  - here's hoping 
After 9 months I would hope so too !

However, this gun was a week old and had fired less that 200 rounds, I would suggest that the damage was already there when the gun left the factory  ??

Sure was!!! It only came out the safe twice and out the slip less than a dozen times. Should have it back by next week hopefully. Fingers crossed.

So I picked up my new stock on Thursday, what a lovely piece of wood. Went to take it out on Saturday and the forend wouldn't clip in properly and I noticed yet another crack in a brand new stock that hasn't even been shot. So I have given up with miroku now unfortunately. The gun is going back next week as I've lost all confidence in miroku now. So currently looking for a new gun. 

Safe to say, I wasn't expecting my new shooting hobby to start off this disappointing, luckily enough keith let me shoot his gun while mine was locked in the car again. Lucky really as that's what I blame my bad scores on  :wink:

Sounds like terrible luck from such a normally reliable brand.

Keep your chin up and start looking again. I don't shoot one myself but I would suggest not to give up on the miroku brand. Hundreds of thousands of shooters world wide aren't shooting with cracked woodwork. 

Did you notice this crack whilst still in the shop? 

For what it's worth I shoot a Browning 725 black edition.  It's never missed a beat. I'm sure we'll find someoneon here that thinks they're an unreliable pig though. 

Understandable you're giving Miroku a wide berth. Did the new stock come to you via Malmo? If so, surprised that they didn't spot the problem with the 2nd gun and passed it on to you in that state...

On the bright side, you've now got a big wad of dosh burning a hole in your pocket that you can go and blow on something else, and whatever you end of getting is likely to be a good un, law of averages and all that... :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like terrible luck from such a normally reliable brand.

Keep your chin up and start looking again. I don't shoot one myself but I would suggest not to give up on the miroku brand. Hundreds of thousands of shooters world wide aren't shooting with cracked woodwork. 

Did you notice this crack whilst still in the shop? 

For what it's worth I shoot a Browning 725 black edition.  It's never missed a beat. I'm sure we'll find someoneon here that thinks they're an unreliable pig though. 
Funny enough woody that's what I've been shooting with lately as well as a browning xs ultra titanium. I've shot well with both but the just don't mount like the mk38

Here,s an email [email protected] at bwm arms (they are the importers in the UK, aim your dissatifaction at them)he deals with all complaints but browning or miroku will not deal with a known problems once its sold thats it, sh*t adjustable stock comes loose all the time on a mk38 customer service second to crap, cant even talk to someone in the UK thats how confident they are, Zoli brilliant customer service even out of warrany, Miroku great guns apart from sh*t comb hardware customer service nil....GRRRRRRRR

Latest posts

Back