Cartridge prices dropping?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonny English

Has anyone else noticed some of the leading brands dropping the prices of the budget ranges?

I'm this last week I have noticed 2 dealers in Lincolnshire selling gamebore velocity plus and express English sporters, £25 per thou cheaper than the last 3-4 months. Both seem to have gone from £205 back down to £180 ish.

I am also in lincolnshire. And have been told by two dealers that price drops are coming.eley were another that was mentioned. 

Has anyone else noticed some of the leading brands dropping the prices of the budget ranges?

I'm this last week I have noticed 2 dealers in Lincolnshire selling gamebore velocity plus and express English sporters, £25 per thou cheaper than the last 3-4 months. Both seem to have gone from £205 back down to £180 ish.
I've just seen English Sporters drop down to £172 and the supplier has 50k

We are pretty rural in Lincolnshire so usually we only have the main brands available as demand isn't the highest. But just lately a lot of the local dealers have started selling the not so well known cheaper brands such as Nsi etc, all of a sudden there is a price drop from Gamebore and express on the budget cartridges, just got to wait and see if hull and a few of the others follow suit.

was informed  at a shoot yesterday express are available for £173 in Lancashire

The cartridge manufacturers are probably realising that the price hike is affecting sales. Some of the prices reached a point where I for one won't pay. I'd sooner shoot a budget cartridge from wherever.

Can only be a good thing. Hopefully everyone will start dropping the prices soon. 

This whole business about the price of lead sounds like BS.

The price of lead is pretty much the same now as it was 4 years ago

aYe7rlZ.png

Granted, the pound has dropped a fair bit but only from about 1.50-1.60 ish - to 1.20 - 1.29 ish today (USD).  In percentage terms that is like 10-15% at most.

EeRdsU1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps I am being cynical but I assume they are making so much margin on everything they are selling they can afford to tak a wee "hit" on the budget lines?

At the end of the day, they are businesses motivated by profit.  They charge what the market will bear.  Clay loads sell in their millions, so there is lots of competition on pricing and imports become feasible.   Game loads, not so much.

I think a trip to Lincolnshire shop, Derek Lee is in order for some Eleys if that is the case.

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
how much can 28gms of lead,with  price fluctuation affect the cost of cartridges so much.. I think this is a smiliar racket to petrol prices,any excuse like fluctuation in oil prices or brexit or general electons here or abroad or the school hplidays will always affect prices due to the greed of suppliers and manufacturers. prices are quick to rise and slow to fall and rarely fall to the original level,look at holiday prices in term time and in school holiday need I say more

a case in point was unilever who were very quick after the brexit vote to increase prices due to the adverse effect of the vote on our foreigh trading partners ,after it was pointed out to them that all the raw materials were from the uk and their products were made in the uk, they quickly backed down and restored the original prices.

this goes on all over the place  AND MAKES ME VERY ANGRY ,SO ANGRY I COULD SMASH MY COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 perhaps not though 

Latest posts

Back