Beretta 682 Gold e 32" trap gun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darylt66

Considering buying a 2006 Beretta 682 Gold E 32" trap gun which has had Teague chokes fitted and seems to be in excellent condition. Any opinions on the quality, weight etc. And  suitability for sporting clays use of this particular gun? Have to travel a fair distance to purchase (private purchase) and any advice prior to making a final decision would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Daryl

I have used one for ESP for 15+ years, the only thing that I personally would want is a barrel selector which I believe the Trap version lacks hence why I ordered a Sporter with Trap wood. What is the asking price incidentally ? 

Thank you Hamster - £1250. The lack of barrel selector is a disadvantage but with the flexibility of after market Teagues having been fitted this should be easily resolved. I assume that the bottom barrel is shot first?

Daryl

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Hamster - £1250. The lack of barrel selector is a disadvantage but with the flexibility of after market Teagues having been fitted this should be easily resolved. I assume that the bottom barrel is shot first?

Daryl
Yes bottom first and of course you can screw in the choke you intend to use on the first target for ESP but in practice it can be a pain, mine have factory multi chokes and the added flexibility is useful. The asking price is pretty much bang on just make sure it's not done moon miles, not sure if you know enough to check things over but a good look through the bores to make sure they're not marked, close inspection of the rib to make sure it's not dented, the lever should be right of centre when closed, if not it would cost approx £175 to get back to shape and pay close attention to how easily the action opens and whether there's any daylight between action and barrels (called off the face), too floppy and it will need attention but nothing ££250 all in won't fix and make gun good for another 150k rounds. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Bung in half chokes in both barrels, put some piston wad 9's in your pocket for the odd really close ones and forget about chokes and barrel selectors.

Yes bottom first and of course you can screw in the choke you intend to use on the first target for ESP but in practice it can be a pain, mine have factory multi chokes and the added flexibility is useful. The asking price is pretty much bang on just make sure it's not done moon miles, not sure if you know enough to check things over but a good look through the bores to make sure they're not marked, close inspection of the rib to make sure it's not dented, the lever should be right of centre when closed, if not it would cost approx £175 to get back to shape and pay close attention to how easily the action opens and whether there's any daylight between action and barrels (called off the face), too floppy and it will need attention but nothing ££250 all in won't fix and make gun good for another 150k rounds. 
Thank you Hamster - just the advice I needed for checking out the gun if I decide to go and have a look. 

Daryl

Bung in half chokes in both barrels, put some piston wad 9's in your pocket for the odd really close ones and forget about chokes and barrel selectors.
I like the simplicity of bebo's idea ?

Some sound advice being offered 

Just got rid of  a sporter . Great guns. Had mine tightened as hammy described. £200.

I had the 682 Gold E 'X' trap 32'' with the high rib and it certainly does the job on DTL BUT I found it a lump of a gun, heavy in the hand and slow on UT, OT targets. It was a huge disappointment after wanting one for some time. I was talking to the coach, Hamish, at Beverley CTC shortly after buying it and he said the 30'' barrel version was completely different in terms of handling but having never found one to try, I am not in a position to advise. This gun doesn't in my mind compare to a 682 sport or trap, totally different handling gun.

If at all possible, try before you buy or better still but a s/h DT10 which leaves the 682 for dead.

Phil

Latest posts

Back