Thames Valley Police - 12-15 Months for a SGC

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GingerT

I wonder if anyone can help validate this.. ?

i was in my local gun shop last week and I was told by the owner that currently TVP are taking over a year to issue a shotgun license. Can anyone say of this is true or not from recent experience.

i sent my application off on the 24th February and have heard that they are currently doing the background checks before sending it off to the FEO for everything they have to do. I don't know if they have contacted my Dr'S but I know they haven't contacted my reference yet... I don't have anything in my past medically or criniminally that will effect my application.

Having had a 20 year break from shooting and just got back into it I feel a little deflated at the potential time this will take.

Anyone with any experience positive or not I would love to hear. Also I know the TVP area is quite large, I'm in Bucks if that makes a difference.

thanks in advance. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Give your local force a call and ask them directly. My reference didn't get a  call un till after I had my interview, so I wouldn't worry too much. 

Thank you for replying..

I've asked them directly 3 times and they keep telling me what the process is and won't commit to any time scale..... not that I want to challenge the legality but in any other walk of life if you spent £80 and weren't told when you were getting the product or service it would be totally different... 

Thanks for the link... 131 days... I'm hoping it's closer to that than the 400 I've been told. 

Don't forget bud. Thanks normally 131 working days. Good luck anyway, hopefully it arrives sooner rather than later. 

I had word last week that it's all been printed and with the FEO.... who will hand it over when he does his home visit, although not sure when that is yet but can't be long.

I sent it off on 24th Feb so so anyone in TVP region it's taking about 3 months. 

Can now go shopping :)  

I hope you haven't celebrated too early .. Think my renewal last year took 3 months. When I bought a new gun at Xmas I emailed them notification and heard nothing back after 10 days so chased. A lady replied bluntly about how busy they are with 100 emails a day (whoopee) and cant reply to all emails. Funny how she had the time to write that snotty retort.

Latest posts

Back